Senior SAP Business Functional Specialist
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Information Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
The Senior SAP Functional Specialist is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the SAP HR, Time and Payroll system, including the interfaces with other application systems. The Specialist ensures stable operation of the entire HR module (including planning, configuring, user administration, maintaining and upgrading environments), supporting online users, conducting research/ testing on optimal usage and configuration options/integration with other systems.
- Monitors, maintains and debugs SAP HR system functionalities including interfaces and user entries.
- Processes help desk tickets and resolves issues.
- Performs changes and implementation to system configurations.
- Conducts mass data uploading and supports user testing.
- Provides cross-training to the coworkers on the system configurations and best practices application.
- Designs and implements new features in SAP HR system.
- Conducts on-going reviews of functional specifications and processes, providing recommendations for process/technology improvements in line with current and growing business needs.
- Participates in gathering client requirements as required.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing.
- Leads projects impacting SAP HR and Payroll
- Actively participates with fellow teammates in improving methods, tools and techniques along with providing coaching and mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Facilitates meetings and delivers effective presentations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes the goals and values of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Abides by all VON policies and work practices
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place within their role
- Works in collaboration with other staff in a team approach to service delivery
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works with in house users and cross-functional team members to identify opportunities for application of existing technological solutions to current issues.
- Builds and manages relationships with vendors, outsourced support, to proactively manage expectations.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum of Top of Form10 years of experience in implementation and support of SAP HR module.
- Certification in SAP HR Payroll required.
- In-depth configuration experience in the areas of Canadian Payroll, Time Management, Organizational Management, Personnel Administration, and Benefits.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP HR and other common functionality such as role management, security management and SAP system environments.
- Knowledge of Canadian-specific process requirements, and designing requirements for unionized environment is required
- Strong knowledge/experience of system design and implementation methodology.
- Experience in configuration of interfaces to/from CATS, SAP FI, and other systems integrations.
- Certification in SAP ABAP is an asset.
- Experience with HR in a healthcare environment is an asset.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, time management, organization, decision-making, and influencing skills are required
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and application support skills are required
- Superior strength in effectively communicating (verbal & written), interacting and forming strong relationships with people from varying disciplines and levels both from within and outside the organization
- Well-developed team skills with a collaborative work style
- Proven ability to work independently
- Experience working in waterfall and agile projects is an asset.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.