VON Canada is seeking an innovative Regional Executive Director (RED) to join our executive team. In this role, you will provide leadership to an empowered team of managers who are accountable for an integrated staff of health professionals providing excellent home and community care across London Middlesex-Elgin, Oxford, Grey-Bruce, Perth-Huron, and Erie St. Clair.
If you are a visionary, motivational, passionate and progressive leader, then this position is the ideal fit for you!
As RED, you will:
Report to the Senior Vice President, Home and Community Care, build strategic alliances and work with local management teams to enhance relationships with the HCCSS, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Provincial Health Authority and District Community Corporations. Collaborate with other Regional Executive Directors in the province, to create and deliver a Regional plan that has an aligned provincial and national focus, supports organizational plans and VON strategic priorities.
- Plan for and direct the ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of effective and efficient site services/programs
- Manage and grow a revenue stream of over $61 million annually
- Ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are regularly reviewed by management and action plans to address issues are created and followed
- Ensure operations and expenditures in the region are compliant with funder and contract accountabilities and that all required reporting is submitted accurately and on time.
Stakeholder Relationships/Community Partnerships
- Develop and sustain positive external relationships with health authorities, funders, clients, and community partners
- Maintain system partnerships with government, funders and associations and provide expertise and advice on changes in healthcare policies and processes
- Champion and support local philanthropy programs and successes
Quality and Risk
- Work with the Quality and Risk team and Senior Managers to ensure that sites adhere to the principles of client-focused service and continuous quality improvement
- Promote and oversee quality management initiatives that result in visible continuous improvement and cost-effectiveness
- Promote the Lean management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices
- Responsible for the regional labour relations strategy in order to ensure compliance with Collective Agreements, applicable regulations and legislation
- Provide leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and non-unionized environments
- Ensure the sites and region have a plan for the availability of qualified, motivated staff and volunteers and a workforce/succession plan to meet ongoing and changing staffing needs
- Coach, advise, motivate, and provide leadership to staff; create a positive workplace for staff
- Promote work/life balance fostering professional excellence and personal fulfilment and health
- Provide a framework to manage and coach staff in developing a strong organizational culture, manage core competencies, develop leaders and drive organizational performance
As RED, you have:
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing and leading people in the healthcare sector
- Visionary leadership capability for creating empowered teams of managers and directors, who are positioned and supported to meet strategic regional and organizational outcomes
- Solid relationship-building skills to ensure stakeholders are informed, engaged, and collaborating to move initiatives forward
- Ability to use evidence-based and data-driven decision-making skills in matters relating to finance, operations, human resources, marketing, and business development
- A successful track record in community development, volunteer board development, financial, and human resources management
- Demonstrated record of success in change management and innovation
- People leadership skills and a natural ability to promote accountability to make things happen
- Excellent communication skills; particularly the ability to deliver clear, engaging, coherent presentations to large groups of stakeholders
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
As RED, we offer:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- A chance to make a difference in your community and to work with a not-for-profit home and community care organization that is 125 years strong!
Apply to join our leadership team today - Make an Impact!
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception). To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.