Client Service Associate (CSA) - Planning & Scheduling (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Client Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
VON provides home and community care to more than 10,000 people every day in Ontario and Nova Scotia. As a registered charity and not-for-profit, our organization is all about the difference we can make in people’s lives. Working at VON is more than just a job, it is a career that impacts how Canadians live.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program for eligible employees
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution for eligible employees
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Unionized with NSGEU
- Free on-site parking
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
What you’ll be doing:
The Client Service Associate (CSA) works as part of a team to facilitate the intake of new clients and the assignment of clients to service providers. The CSA ensures that every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned, client expectations are met, and service levels are achieved.
The Client Service Department is in operation 365 days per year, and candidates must be available to work some weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Work as part of the Client Service Team in the intake of new clients and the planning and maintenance of client visits and service records
- Liaise with funders, clients, and the care team in the community regarding services and information and is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests
- Receive and process referrals and updates and respond to phone inquiries from the community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers, and other agencies
- Coordinate all standardized data input, triaging of calls and information, and the ongoing coordination of client service and service provider schedules and updates
- Work closely with frontline nurses, supporting their day to day needs
- Other duties/tasks as assigned by Manager
What we need from you:
- High School diploma and Office administration certificate or equivalent experience required.
- University/college education preferred.
- Medical terminology certificate would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including Outlook, faxing software, and database management.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a scheduling environment is preferred.
- Experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Previous customer service experience in a contact center environment is considered an asset.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Procura is an asset.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you require accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Other commonly searched for terms: Administrative Assistant, Medical Office Administrative Assistant, Clerk, Scheduling Clerk.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception). To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.