Manager Fund Development (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Resource Development and Community Relations
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Work Location: Windsor, Chatham, or Sarnia
Working in alignment with directions set with the National Fund Development team, the Manager Fund Development leads and implements fundraising activities in their regional area aligned with the VON Canada brand and the national integrated fund development and allocation framework and plan. The Manager is responsible for generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations as well as for overseeing and providing leadership to Fund Development Coordinators to assist in meeting departmental objectives.
- Develops and executes a diversified annual fundraising program, with an emphasis on mid-level donors and planned giving that will be executed in collaboration with the National framework.
- Builds short-term and long-term goals and objectives for donor retention and acquisition through centralized direct response program.
- Identifies, qualifies and cultivates prospects and donors; maintains and reports on a prospect pipeline.
- Develops local solicitation, stewardship and recognition plans for donors and prospects in keeping with the national framework.
- Utilizes data management system (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure the accurate and timely recording of data and reporting fund development results.
- Leads, supports and trains Fund Development Coordinators for successful management of fundraising activities.
- Participates as an active member of site management team.
- Leads Community Corporation Board and relevant committees and staff in the development and monitoring of annual fund development plans.
- Works in concert with the Engagement Lead to prepare annual Community Corporation budgets and monitor monthly financial statement.
- Works with the Engagement Lead to provide staff leadership to the Community Corporation and appropriate standing committees.
- Liaises with VON Canada Fund Development staff and works in partnership on various projects.
- Conducts prospect research, proposal writing.
- Coordinates various donor-related communication vehicles.
- Facilitates employee giving campaign, employee education sessions and manages department fundraising events.
- Provides first point of contact for all donors and prospects.
Common Leadership Responsibilities:
- Promotes the strategy of VON and their role as an integrated home and community care provider to all stakeholders and staff.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan.
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and non-unionized environments.
- Coaches, advises, motivates, and provides leadership to staff; creates a positive workplace for staff.
- Promotes the Lean team management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices.
- Ensures there are mechanisms for all staff to come together to hear of organizational news and to provide feedback on what is working and what is not working.
- Ensures all Districts have a plan to complete performance development and learning plans with all staff.
- Promotes common approaches to orientation, learning, motivating, recognizing and supporting staff when achieving organizational goals; such as meeting or exceeding KPIs, meeting or exceeding milestones.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, that KPIs related to safety are regularly reviewed by management, that appropriate investigations occur when needed, and plans to address issues are created and acted upon.
- Promotes the use of technology-based systems for the capture, transformation and distribution of knowledge.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Develops effective internal relationships across departments in order to facilitate employee giving campaign, employee education sessions and manage department fundraising events.
- Forges affiliations with VON staff by providing consultation, coaching and support as a team resource within the fund development function.
- Works with external partners including Community Corporation boards and committees, granting bodies and partners in the regions on regional or national projects.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field of study.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years fundraising management experience including extensive experience with Blackbaud products as well as experience in supervising, planning and executing fund development and marketing programs/campaigns in collaboration with staff and volunteers, including through social media channels.
- Experience working in an organization with both a national and a local community dynamic.
- Experience working in the health care and/or community support services sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of fundraising processes, best practices and current industry trends.
- Must be fully conversant with CRA requirements as they apply to registered charities.
- Highly proficient user of a fundraising data base (Raiser’s Edge preferable).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software including Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, multi-task and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively structure daily work activity with minimal supervision focused on the achievement of goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships.
- Demonstrated skillsets in leadership, and team building.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Bilingual an asset
- Available to work flexible hours.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.