Administrative Assistant I (TPT 0.8) (Canada Summer Job)
Employment Status: Temporary, Part Time (0.8 FTE)
Program Name: Seniors Lunch Bunch and Volunteer Visiting
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 60
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Working with program Coordinator and the Volunteer Visiting and Seniors Lunch Bunch team members and volunteers to support these programs.
Completing client intake forms, supervising volunteers, overseeing program needs, representing VON in attending community fairs and events, and other administrative duties as required.
- Access to a working reliable vehicle is required.
- Current Student in the process of obtaining a Diploma or Degree in a related field.
- Safe Food Handling an asset.
- Experience working with people from different social and economic environments
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction, as well as to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
CSJ 2019 includes new expanded eligibility to include all youth aged 15 to 30, which means youth who are not students are eligible. This change has been made to complement the Government's renewal of the Youth Employment Strategy (YES), announced in Budget 2018. A modernized YES will be implemented over five years to ensure that youth, including those who face unique barriers, achieve their potential in an evolving labour market.
To be eligible, participants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.