Client Service Associate (CSA) (RPT 0.5)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.5 FTE)
Program Name: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 37.5
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Including Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
The Client Service Associate (CSA) works as part of a team to facilitate the intake of new clients and the assignment of clients to service providers through VON’s standard operating procedures. The CSA ensures that every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned, client expectations are met, and service levels are achieved.
- Maintains service providers schedules (master rotations and availability) as directed by site program management.
- Maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other VON staff.
- Utilizes appropriate customer service and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family where applicable and assigns clients to service providers using Procura software.
- Provides work assignments using knowledge of local geography that meets client need and maximizes continuity of care, while working within the provisions of collective agreements and established planning rules.
- Keeps up-to-date with daily changes such as changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans.
- Reschedules client visits when there is an unexpected change in the current day’s staffing levels such as a sick call.
- Receives and triage information in accordance with defined timelines.
- Enters data referral information and general information in client database.
- Participate with team to address risk management issues.
- Monitors the CellTrak Portal, a quality and risk management tool, to confirm that service providers have arrived and departed from the home safely and that clients are receiving the care that has been ordered (safety/outcomes) to allow timely intervention when service delivery variances are noted.
- Ensures client and staff confidentiality is maintained at all times.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works collaboratively with site program management to forecast staffing needs.
- Engages with services providers, clinical resources, clients and client family members as needed to ensure quality of care/service to the client.
- Collaborates with other CSAs, site program managers and supervisors, to ensure quality care/service to client
Education, Designations and Experience:
- High School diploma and Office administration certificate or equivalent experience required.
- University/college education preferred.
- Medical terminology certificate would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including Outlook, faxing software, and database management.
- A minimum of 1year of experience in a scheduling environment preferred.
- Experience in a unionized environment considered an asset.
- Experience in health care environment preferred.
- Previous customer service experience in a contact center environment is considered an asset.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Procura an asset.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Above average skill with a variety of computer software.
- Quick and accurate keyboarding skills (min 45 wpm).
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle Insurance.
- Current criminal background check including a vulnerable sector screen is required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.