Manager, Information Systems Home Health Applications (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Information Systems- Home Healthcare Application
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
The Manager Information Systems (IS) - Home Healthcare Application is responsible for managing all aspects of the daily operations of the application(s) and their assigned teams. The manager performs activities such as participation in the day-to-day support, budgeting process, oversight of work schedules, interfacing with other management levels on behalf of the team, managing external IT service providers , development and management of operational work plans, resource plans, policies and procedures and status reports.
- Develops and promotes a clear vision of the business goals and priorities to staff.
- Manages the applications development portfolio.
- Develops documentation such as requirements, schedules, plans, processes, procedures, status reports, budgets, and similar related documents as required.
- Chairs/ facilitates various working group meetings.
- Manages the daily activities of the teams to maximize quality of the work and productivity including indirect reports for specific cross-functional projects.
- Manages multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ensures the integrity of team communications.
- Manages conflict and issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensures teams follow established process and procedures.
- Facilitates an environment that promotes standardization for the teams Liaises with and when necessary manage vendor contacts and resources.
- Manages the application planning, upgrade and change process.
- Manages application support agreements, licensing updates and application software/documentation.
- Communicates and coordinates with related projects and operating units to ensure consistency of processes and tools where appropriate.
- Implements the execution of best practices following Change Control Management methodologies.
- Escalates issues outside the team’s control to the appropriate management authority. Participates with the IT management team in developing strategy.
- Ensures the Home and Healthcare applications are maintained and supported to a fast paced ever evolving environment.
- Supports and promotes best practice usage of the service system tools across the various areas of the organization.
- Liaises with Operations and LEAN Management teams to ensure the development and adherence to standardization of process methodologies and controls.
- Identifies potential change management and business process change requirements to higher level management where appropriate.
- Supports the integration of Healthcare applications with other VON systems and reporting tools.
Common Leadership Responsibilities
- Promotes the strategy of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider to all stakeholders and staff.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan.
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and nonunionized environments.
- Coaches, advises, motivates, and provides leadership to staff; creates a positive workplace for staff.
- Promotes the Lean team management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices.
- Ensures there are mechanisms for all staff to come together to hear of organizational news and to provide feedback on what is working and what is not working.
- Ensures all Districts have a plan to complete performance development and learning plans with all staff.
- Promotes common approaches to orientation, learning, motivating, recognizing and supporting staff when achieving organizational goals; such as meeting or exceeding KPIs, meeting or exceeding milestones.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following accreditation Canada Standards.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, that KPIs related to safety are regularly reviewed by management, that appropriate investigations occur when needed, and plans to address issues are created and acted upon.
- Promotes the use of technology-based systems for the capture, transformation and distribution of knowledge.
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place in the Region.
External and Internal Relationships
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional team members and key internal stakeholders.
- Engages regularly and actively with relevant service providers, vendors and consultants.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- University Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Business Administration.
- 5+ years’ experience in Healthcare service systems implementation and maintenance (preferable Procura).
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role.
- 5 + years’ experience with Scheduling Orders and Workforce Management Applications.
- 3+ years’ experience in Healthcare Mobile Workforce, Mobile Care Delivery Solutions or equivalent applications.
- Previous experience supporting implementation of one (1) or more successful application projects in an environment with >500 staff.
- Knowledge of relational databases required.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is an asset.
- In depth knowledge/expertise in managing people and processes.
- Solid analytical problem-solving decision making skills.
- Strong relationship management skills (exceptional ability to deal with people with excellent written and verbal communications skills).
- Strong project management skills (exceptional organizational skills and experience in managing cross-functional teams).
- Strong leadership ability to manage remote resources.
- Proven record of conflict and problem resolution.
- Once clear on deliverables and goals, the ability to execute and meet those goals with minimal guidance.
- Positive attitude.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project and Visio.
- Integrates a client focus into work plans, programs and strategies by setting high standards of service and responding to client feedback.
- Mobilizes support for the corporation’s vision and objectives by building and sustaining productive internal and external networks and partnerships.
- Demonstrates understanding of the social, political and legislative environment within which the corporation operates.
- Facilitates staff access to the people, information and tools needed to do their work.
- Works collaboratively with other teams and partners to meet client needs in the most effective manner.
- Seeks and values client input and feedback on services.
- Identifies who needs to be involved and in what capacity in order to accomplish objectives and minimize obstacles.
Leading Self and People
- Demonstrates self-awareness of impact of behaviours on others.
- Shows respect for individuals and the corporation.
- Exemplifies and builds a shared commitment to the vision of VON.
- Promotes teamwork; works collaboratively with others to achieve goals and plans. Provides coaching and learning opportunities to optimize individual and team performance.
- Promotes and models a healthy work/life balance, ensuring that individuals have the opportunity to realize optimal levels of professional and personal fulfillment.
- Communicates effectively with multiple stakeholders and in multiple contexts.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates the ability to convey ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a way that enhances understanding.
- Employs effective planning, operating and measurement processes to manage.
- Identifies, defines and analyzes problems and situations relying on the use of data and a solid understanding of business strategies.
- Understands role in contributing to the financial sustainability goals of the corporation.
- Builds personal and organizational understanding of the complexity of the health system
- Leads change to improve health service delivery.
- Mobilizes knowledge to challenge process, guide change and engage stakeholders using LEAN principles and philosophy.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.