Fund Development Coordinator (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Fund Development
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Working in alignment with directions set with the National Fund Development team, the Fund Development Coordinator designs, implements and manages fund development, communications, community development plans based on local and regional strategic plans to ensure the realization of fund development goals. The Coordinator promotes the profile of VON programs, in keeping with the VON Canada brand and the national integrated fund development and allocation framework and plan.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a fund development plan; including annual giving, special appeals, major gifts, planned giving, events and donor stewardship.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a marketing and communications plan.
- Researches and develops corporate and community partnerships in coordination with the Manager.
- Supports the Community Corporation in the implementation of their strategic plan for fund development and communications.
- Leads fundraising volunteer assignments.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of fund development budget.
- Represents the organization at events and public speaking engagements.
- Provides reports on statistical analyses of fund development activities.
- Develops and produces of all site communication materials.
- Maintains regular contact with local cross-functional team, extended fund development team and the national Marketing, Communications and Philanthropy team.
- Engages with external stakeholders for event coordination and fund development activities.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fund raising or event planning.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe In-Design and Publisher.
- Knowledge and experience of the charitable and not-for-profit sector
- Superior presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective business correspondence.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of the team.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for work and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.