Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a new role that will support the digital advertising efforts of the Product Marketing and Social Teams. By managing the implementation, optimization and documented measurement of campaigns; the Digital Marketing Specialist will provide critical insight into marketing campaign performance.
This position works with the Sr. Director, Marketing to develop strategies and policies to maximize campaign performance and achieve key business goals. The primary aim of these efforts will be to fully realize areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive consumer growth and engagement for VIZ platforms.
- Collaborates with the Product Marketing and Social Teams to determine campaign budgets and/or goals. This role will have ownership of marketing campaigns from implementation to reporting.
- Manages, schedules and optimizes campaigns on platforms such as Google Search, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok and more
- Leads the optimization and delivery on marketing KPIs as defined by the campaign goals
- Performs analyses of specific marketing initiatives and prepares reports to interpret results and refine strategy as needed. For example, the Digital Marketing Specialist must assess campaign and promotion performance, identify consumer behavior, and manage cost per acquisition targets
- Identifies trends and insights and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests
- Works with partner platforms to secure campaign reporting
- Creates a monthly performance report to present to the Product Marketing and Social Teams and articulate performance highlights and key findings
- Provides guidance on the creation of assets for maximum appeal and performance
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside of the Marketing team, including but not limited to Customer Acquisition and Retention (CAR), Publishing Sales, Animation Sales, and Engineering departments to execute specific marketing plans
- Supports viz.com and VIZ app marketing operations and maintenance, as needed
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Strong analytic and organizational skills, especially in assessing campaign and promotion performance, identifying consumer behavior, and managing cost per acquisition targets, or relevant experience A MUST
- Demonstrated past success in ownership of marketing campaigns from implementation to reporting a MUST
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Sheets for reporting A MUST
- Expertise in Google Analytics and Google Ad Platforms A MUST
- Expertise in running advertising campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok A MUST
- Experience with retailer ad platforms (e.g. Amazon) PREFERRED
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Iterable or marketing attribution platforms such as Adjust or Singular PREFERRED
- In-depth understanding of SEM campaign strategies and SEO practices, experience with PPC campaigns
- Professional understanding of the best practices for advertising targeted at children, preteens and/or teens STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Familiarity with online media, mobile advertising and content management systems PREFERRED
- Proficiency with Mac operating systems
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse partners and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area OR work remotely from within California
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant business experience
- Prior experience in building, executing, and reporting on comprehensive multi-channel marketing campaigns, preferably in the publishing and/or entertainment industry STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position
This position does not supervise the work of others but may provide guidance to interns and freelancers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes.
Some travel may be expected for this position.
Employees must adhere to all applicable VIZ Media policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. This is a Regular Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however, willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands.As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content.