Senior Technical Recruiter
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As a Senior Technical Recruiter you have the opportunity to directly impact the most valuable part of our company’s success; finding the best people with the skills and passion to succeed in our fast-paced, digital environment.
As the owner of end-to-end search engagements, we will look to you to lead everything from inception of candidate contact to on-boarding with finesse and speed that ensures that we secure a diverse workforce of the best and brightest. You will be empowered to use your creativity and strategic influence to deliver impactful workforce planning and hiring decisions. You’ll partner closely with stakeholders across the organization to create meaningful interview processes and fantastic candidate experiences, helping to define how we approach solving for our most compelling organizational objective.
As a seasoned technical recruiter, you understand what motivates candidates and apply your expertise to foster trust-based relationships with talented engineers, designers, and product managers. In addition to filling requisitions, you are able to manage talent initiatives that add to and maintain a holistic approach to talent strategy as you build talent pipelines, drive a portfolio of active searches, and advance talent projects, we will ensure that your ideas are heard, supported and implemented. Together with the help of a committed internal recruiting team, you will differentiate Vivid Seats as the employer of choice by embodying our values and proudly representing our brand.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Source, screen, present, and close the technical talent in engineer, product, quality, and design disciplines that power the Vivid Seats marketplaces
- Advise on interview best practice, elevating how teams objectively assess talent
- Recruit candidates with diverse and unique backgrounds that contribute to Vivid Seats vibrant and inclusive culture
- Represent our teams, leaders, and brand in the technical community
- Provide excellent candidate experiences from initial point of contact with candidates through their first weeks at Vivid Seats for productive and engaging onboarding
- Own end to end strategic talent acquisition projects, contributing to a best-in-class talent acquisition function
- Challenge the status quo, ambitiously raising the bar for our candidates, team, and employment population
How your role expectations will progress as a Senior Technical Recruiter in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our candidates.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Build candidate pipelines for multiple technical roles, many of which you’ll find currently posted on our careers
- Meet with hiring managers, set check in cadences, and advance candidates through the interview phases
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Communicate with ease the objectives and technical needs of multiple teams, representing our engineering and product teams in the talent marketplace
- With your manager, set and work towards personal and team goals
- Fill multiple technical or product focused roles
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Meaningfully contribute to broader strategic talent acquisition objectives such as campus recruitment, employment branding, and diverse recruitment initiatives
- Identify and drive the improvement of interview processes to meet evolving team needs
- Leverage relationships across multiple teams to hone your business acumen, sharing your learnings internally and externally
What You’ll Bring:
- A proven career in technical recruiting
- Strong understanding of the Chicago’s technical landscape, including where to source and attract a wide range of technical skill sets
- Strong sourcing and attraction techniques, including the ability to attract and convert passive candidates
- The intrinsic motivation to take on new responsibilities; proactively partnering with teams and individuals to remove blockers and fulfill immediate hiring needs while contributing the overall talent acquisition strategy
- Desire to contribute to strategic initiatives such as campus recruitment, internships, DEI/non-bias training, branding, community engagement, etc.
- An understanding of basic employment law and interviewing best practices (behavioral and functional)
- An agile mindset, responding quickly and autonomously to change
- Strong influential, analytical, communication, and organization skills, with a high attention to detail
- Experience in multiple talent markets with both inhouse and agency technical recruiting is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.