Paid Search & Performance Marketing Specialist
Who we are:
Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation
Our team is seeking a Senior Performance Marketing Specialist to work on Paid Search—this person will play an integral role in managing and optimizing one of the industry’s LARGEST paid search accounts (spending $100K+/month). They will also work to expand our presence in additional performance channels (display, social media, affiliate, etc.)
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- At Vivid Seats, paid search is a significant driver of new customers and revenue. As Paid Search & Performance Marketing Specialist, you’ll be working on paid search accounts across multiple platforms, including Google Ads, Bing Ads, and more. You’ll be nurturing the growth of revenue and witnessing how new events (productions) become superstars. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to innovate and see your impact on the company. Because of the critical importance of this role, hands-on experience in managing LARGE ppc budgets is desired, and an ownership mentality is essential.
- As Vivid Seats grows, additional performance marketing channels (display, social, affiliate) etc will become an increasing part of our marketing mix. You’ll have a chance to build out new channels to drive profitable sales growth.
- As we refine our measurement tools, you’ll have a voice in determining (with senior leaders) how we achieve & measure campaign success, including determining key metrics, processes for optimization and more.
- You’ll contribute to a robust testing pipeline by proposing creative ideas to improve program performance and channel efficiency/contribution.
- You’ll help Vivid Seats stay ahead of competition by evaluating industry benchmarks/competitors’ programs to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- You will grow your influence by collaborating with the content creation team to enhance messaging and build customized campaigns.
- And you’ll champion digital marketing within Vivid Seats by serving as an internal subject matter on the topic—staying abreast of new developments & challenges in the world of PPC & performance marketing.
How your role expectations will progress as a Paid Search & Performance Marketing Specialist in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Review current marketing strategy and gain understanding of current and planned projects, cost and expected results
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Dive deep into the data and share input in daily stand-ups + weekly performance reviews, making recommendations and highlighting insights.
- Analyze media spend mix across the regions and strategies to help the company get higher ROI on spend
- Drive testing strategy for ad copy and landing page experiences to drive lift and improve the customer experience
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Establish standard operating procedures for testing to effectively challenge legacy strategies and promote innovative ideas across paid search.
- Compile industry challenges, news, opportunities, and trends for the team to utilize towards greater strategy development and optimization.
- Continue to onboard new performance marketing channels and measure incremental impact (display, social, affiliate, etc.)
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in paid search managing large budgets (at least $50M annually).
- 3 years desired in other performance marketing channels (display, social, affiliate, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge of Google Ads (bonus for certifications in: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Blueprint)
- Experience with display, social, affiliate tools—i.e. FB Ads Manager, GV 360, Criteo, Radius Impact—or similar.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Data Studio, Looker—and exposure to measurement/ incrementality/ attribution platforms.
- Start-up mentality to and a drive to constantly test, learn and innovate.
- Experience in a Fast-moving category is desired (this isn’t standard e-commerce with a static 5K SKU catalog. Live events in changing and evolving by the MINUTE, which is what makes this an exciting and high-profile role.)
- Demonstrated ability to creatively conceive and execute strategic project plans
- Proactive, energetic and optimistic disposition; strives to learn new skills and share knowledge with team
- Able to effectively multitask and realign focus according to changes in project demands without sacrificing work quality
- Team-driven mentality with intrinsic desire to learn from and support managers and peers
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.