Sr. Business Analyst
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Sr. Business Analyst you will own monitoring of key metrics, purchase funnel analysis, release and A/B test reporting to ensure optimal business performance. You will operate as the primary liaison between Analytics, Engineering and Product teams, understanding the root cause of changes and identify areas of opportunity. This includes building dashboards, analyzing data and generating actionable insights. The Business Analyst position provides a high-performing, analytically inclined individual the opportunity to own the monitoring process at Vivid Seats, learn the business by working across multiple functional areas, and have close visibility with business leaders.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Effectively monitor key metrics using available analytical tools to create reporting & dashboards that accurately and efficiently summarize data
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to build alert reporting to ensure visibility into when issues arise with internal systems. Estimate loss of revenue when issues arise/participating in root cause analysis.
- Develop a deep understanding of our purchase funnel and analyze conversion points throughout.
- Design sound experiments, analyze and interpret results in partnership with Product team presenting results and actionable insights to leadership stakeholders.
- Work independently while managing and meeting competing deliverables, keeping stakeholders informed on timelines and setting expectations in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
How your role expectations will progress as a Business Analyst in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Understand all relevant data sources, Google Analytics and begin to create reporting.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Independently oversee day -to-day reporting and proactively providing data and insights to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure tracking and reporting on any changes or testing.
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Build out robust alert monitoring for anomalies and A/B testing as the owner of this functional area.
- Anticipate downstream impacts for changes, make necessary adjustments and proactively communicate to stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring:
- Exceptional analytical, detail-oriented problem-solving skills; excellent follow-up skills required
- Ability to tackle issues with a sense of urgency while maintaining professionalism and accuracy
- Experience with web analytics tools (Adobe or Google Analytics)
- Experience with SQL for querying large data sets and joining multiple tables
- Experience working with BI tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, etc.) to create reporting and visualizations
- Experience with quantitative analytics
- Eye for detail and demonstrated ability to solve problems logically and systemically while ensuring information is accurate and consistent across reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively present complex information to stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and prioritization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.