Vendor Relationship Manager
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
To keep up with growth we’re looking to add strength to our vendor team. The Vendor Relationship Manager will work with the entire vendor team in managing sellers we work with. This opportunity is a unique experience to build your selling and negotiation skills at one of the fastest growing businesses in sports and entertainment.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
• Enhancing relationships with the vendors who sell on Vivid Seats.
• Maintaining the ability to offer customers the widest selection and best pricing of inventory.
• Best in industry operational efficiency to create exceptional customer experiences for vendors and customers.
How your role expectations will progress as a Vendor Relationship Manager in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
• Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
• Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
• Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
• Acquire a basic understanding and ability to demonstrate systems/tools provided by Vivid Seats to sellers.
• Can review orders and provide basic insights and recommendations.
• Provide basic analysis on seller pricing.
90 days in
• Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
• Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
• Demo and migrate small vendors onto technology platforms provided or recommended by Vivid Seats.
• Proactively monitor seller communication and provide recommendations on resolutions.
• Analyze and provide recommendations on pricing adjustments for sellers, begin assisting sellers on making reviewed adjustments.
180 days in
• Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
• Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
• Demo and migrate small and medium sized vendors onto technology platforms provided or recommended by Vivid Seats.
• Begin managing targeted relationships with sellers.
• Provide resolutions on escalated inquiries from sellers.
• Analyze and provide recommendations to sellers on pricing adjustments.
What You’ll Bring:
• Persistent, relationship focused, and professional demeanor.
• Ability to establish strong external relationships and influence solutions.
• Outstanding communication, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills.
• Proven negotiation skills.
Our Commitment: We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification. Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives and equity for all employees; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.