Senior Data Analytics Engineer
This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.
As a Senior Data Analytics Engineer, you will operate as a partner to our business stakeholders to deliver data as a product; based upon their delivery needs (e.g., dashboards, reports, standard queries) meaningful data insights in a manner that is appropriate for the business. You’ll partner with engineering and business teams to ingest and transform data sources into our data warehouse, build clean/abstracted data models, and implement BI tooling as necessary. You’ll mature operational stability and performance of the data reporting platform through best practices, automation and monitoring while staying up to date on new and emerging technologies, planning accordingly to incorporate valuable concepts to enhance our data schema and capabilities.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Experience working with business and product leaders to define data reporting and dashboard requirements
- Experience managing data/metadata with cloud data warehouse platforms (preferably Snowflake, Amazon Redshift)
- Experience supporting and developing data access tools and dashboards (Tableau, Power BI, Looker, others)
- Expert SQL query experience
- ETL pipeline and tooling experience; including troubleshooting
- Scripting experience using Java, Python or Bash
- Proficiency in working in Mac and Linux environment
- A willingness to participating in an on-call rotation
Additional Experience of Interest:
- Experience with configuration as code tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Jenkins
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter - which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each employee direct accountability of creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, 401K matching, a generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks.