Product Manager- B2C
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Product Manager on our B2C team, you will have ownership of consumer facing web or mobile products within our live events marketplace. This is a great opportunity for a product manager to drive impactful solutions for ticket buyers and sellers, as well as how to scale our capabilities to drive end-to-end operational performance improvements. You will be part of a team where your suggestions are expected, challenged, and applied. You will collaborate cross functionality to ideate, develop, and deliver products and features that create value for our customers and our business. This role will use data and a deep understanding of our customers to drive our in-product experimentation efforts and successfully deliver products to market.
Our ideal candidate is an innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver who has a track record of successful execution and product strategy. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly assess situations and make recommendations for key decisions. The right candidate will possess a strong product background and have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but can also roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Most importantly, you are able to deliver outstanding results, quickly, with high quality and have exceptional communication skills (able to speak the language of end-users, management, design, and development).
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, using data and your technical knowledge, you will design, build, launch, and analyze experiments across consumer products.
- Work across the organization, partnering with multiple stakeholders (including design/UX, operations, customer support, accounting, proprietary tools, etc.) to understand and translate requirements, make tradeoffs of scope and implementation, and deliver high quality products.
- Lead the team in prioritizing product features and collaborate in design, estimations, and planning sessions with the overall team.
- Define features through clearly written user stories as part of an Agile delivery team; verify stories are implemented as intended, records bugs, and assist the engineering team in driving resolution.
- Analyze user data and feedback to measure the effectiveness and competitiveness of the product.
How your role expectations will progress as a Product Manager in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Acclimate to Vivid Seats’ values and organizational goals to understand how your department drives initiatives forward.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces and our B2C products operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with UX and engineering to write user stories for new features. Assist with verification and feature performance analysis for newly released features.
- Understand our experimentation capabilities and launch an initial set of experiments.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business needs, defining and maintaining an active pipeline of experiments.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Define features and lead the team in prioritizing clearly written user stories that create delightful and bug free experiences for our customers.
- Leverage tooling and data to gain insight and analyze customer behavior and product performance to recommend product enhancements.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impact the team.
- Lead the experimentation life-cycle efforts across our consumer products, including designing, building, launching and analyzing experiments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to confirm accurate prioritization and refine processes for collaboration and best practices.
- Drive product department roadmap exercises that balance current needs with future strategic initiatives.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Proactively work with stakeholders to define the product goals and create a forward-looking roadmap, ensuring alignment of B2C products with the overall business objectives and company strategy.
- Lead the team in prioritizing features to meet internal and customer needs and collaborate in the design, estimations and planning sessions with the overall team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience in helping organizations map business value to customer needs.
- Experience A/B testing methodologies and tools. Specifically, designing, building, and launching experiments.
- Sufficient mastery of technology so that you can take high-level technical concepts and break them down into prioritized roadmaps and plans in partnership with engineering.
- Prior experience in product management and a record of successful product delivery.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage trade-offs to establish the right approach to executing the product strategy.
- Highly analytical with experience managing data-centric products; capable of turning raw data into information and insights.
- Proven experience of crafting product roadmaps by gathering input from customers, partners, internal users, engineers and other stakeholders.
- An understanding of online marketplaces and an interest in the live event space
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in science, technology, or a related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.