Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As the Investment Analyst you have the unique opportunity to utilize your passion in sports & entertainment and apply that knowledge within your career. You will be a vital part of the Investment team managing and pricing ticket inventory for live events acquired through the company’s various partnerships.
In this role you’ll keep a close pulse on the sports & entertainment industries to see how external factors have driven secondary market trends. You will be analyzing those trends and their corresponding sales data to accurately price tickets, ensuring you minimize our company’s risk and maximize its profits. You’ll expand our business by seeking valuable opportunities in which we can make our marketplace more vibrant, more liquid, and more successful. This will require the ability to react quickly to the ever-changing live marketplace no matter the time, place, or situation. Imagine the most popular performers in the world announcing their farewell tour, or a team clinching a spot in the championship game – you’ll analyze demand and secure inventory, providing robust purchasing options for our marketplace customers.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Maximizes revenue and minimizes risks of certain assets acquired through the company’s various partnerships
- Leverages market data into actionable insights and opportunities for pricing optimization
- Boosts company growth and adds marketplace liquidity by capitalizing on profitable investment opportunities
- Provides company key insights into market behavior by transferring supply-side knowledge and helping to forecast demand
- Connects buyer with seller by ensuring our listings are maximally exposed and 100% accurate
How your role expectations will progress as an Investment Analyst in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values
- Assist Investment Managers with near term pricing assignments and data organization
- Build a foundation of knowledge regarding departmental processes by actively participating in team calendar events
- Learn the basic principles behind our department’s pricing theorem and strategies
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives
- Begin assuming sole responsibility of specific pricing assignments while applying the pricing theorem and strategies set forth by the department
- Research potential ticketing opportunities that would bring value and liquidity to the marketplace
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals
- Expand your assignments and long-term asset management into a full-time position
- Earn autonomy in securing potential ticketing opportunities
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience screen-trading financial products or actively capitalizing on marketplace inefficiencies with a proven track record of trend recognition and risk management
- Experience constructing diverse portfolios in any asset class or skill-based game with a detailed account of hedging against risk and identifying asymmetrical upside (preferred)
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large datasets using Excel or Google Sheets, evaluate market trends, and consider external factors in determination of producing optimal outputs
- Analytical, method-driven mind that values process over results
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with exceptional attention to detail alongside the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Adaptable schedule expecting to work outside of typical business hours to meet the demands of our industry
- A strong sense of urgency coupled with an intrinsic desire to complete all tasks with 100% accuracy and efficiency
- Live Event Enthusiast!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Location: Chicago, Illinois