Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As the Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager, your responsibilities will encompass critical components of our public company financial reporting and touch many different areas of our business. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving team, challenge yourself to contribute in new ways, and support your own growth and professional development.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Supports overall compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements
- Coordinates the preparation and filing of SEC reports including Form 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks and other filings
- Gathers financial information necessary for the completion of SEC filings and required support
- Performs research and prepares technical accounting memos
- Supports analytic reviews of consolidated financial information
- Works with Investor Relations, Legal, and Corporate Communications, among other functions, in drafting earnings releases, as well as ensuring financial accuracy of analyst presentations
- Ensures compliance with applicable internal control standards
- Works closely with external auditors
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned
How your role expectations will progress in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Acclimate to Vivid Seats’ values and organizational goals to understand how your department drives initiatives forward
- Understand your teams’ contributions and the needs of stakeholders that rely on your deliverables to bring business objectives to life
- Master accounting policies and practices specific to Vivid Seats’ business
90 days in
- Become deeply familiar with our financial reporting software systems and contribute to ongoing enhancement
- Oversee crucial aspects of each close cycle and SEC filing
- Develop and lead initiatives for the financial reporting team that improve processes, drive innovation, and build on Vivid Seats values
- Empower and coach team members to achieve personal and functional goals that correlate to department objectives
- Independently oversee the delivery of a portfolio of critical components for each quarterly or annual filing.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and trusted resource for all department members and provide relevant training and mentorship.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to confirm accurate prioritization and refine processes for collaboration and best practices.
- Meaningfully contribute to department roadmap exercises that balance current needs with future strategic initiatives.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. Masters degree or CPA license is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in challenging accounting roles.
- Experience in SEC Reporting and/or Technical Accounting
- Experience with SEC filing tool, and XBRL
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and demonstrated application to complex situations.
- Desire to supervise and mentor others.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort working with various stakeholders, including those outside of accounting and finance.
- Intrinsic desire to complete challenging tasks accurately and timely.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Location(s): Chicago, Illinois (Hybrid)