Digital Engagement & Personalization Lead
Who we are:
Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation
Our team is seeking an individual to lead engagement/personalization efforts across web & app properties. Our talented product team has enabled new capabilities which allow our business to better engage with our customers across platforms and across channels. But these capabilities alone won’t drive engagement. We need someone like YOU (equal parts strategist, content curator, and technician) to leverage these capabilities to provide a rich and engaging experience for our customers. This role sits on our CRM team and works closely with peers in marketing, content, product, and analytics.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Everyone is a fan of something. At Vivid Seats, we’re on a mission to ensure more fans are able to attend the events they love, more often. Putting the right content in front of fans creates a better experience AND propels our business forward.
- You will help evolve our presence from a transactional stopping point—to an ‘in the know’ companion—keeping customers engaged with our app until a spark-of-intent occurs and they place an order
- You’ll play a key role in driving the success of our recently re-launched Loyalty program (the first in the industry)—driving customer repeat and LTV
- You’ll help us determine what messages resonate more broadly, as well as defining & segmenting valuable customer sub-sets that have potential to drive outsized growth with the right treatment.
How your role expectations will progress as a Digital Engagement & Personalization Lead in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Meet & develop strong working relationships with key cross-functional partners (content/creative, marketing, product, engineering, analytics).
- Familiarize yourself with tools required to perform your function (ESP/Push, Search, CMS, Catalog API and more.)
- Working in conjunction with content creation & content distribution, begin mapping event-based calendar of content initiatives & executing near-term campaigns.
- Formulate a view on likely high value customer segments for personalization opportunities & begin testing campaigns.
- Design programs to drive ‘earn & burn’ within our Loyalty program and work closely with product to roll-out/promote additional features on the Loyalty roadmap.
90 days in
- Continue to execute against event-based & personalized campaigns (including Loyalty)—developing an understanding of what works/doesn’t to drive in-campaign optimization & addition of effective touchpoints.
- Develop strategic roadmaps, project plans, and audience insights specifically for our overall personalization strategy.
- Recognize and identify areas of opportunity for unifying data elements, identity resolution and creating more robust consumer profiles for campaign management.
- Integrate new sources of content within web/app (ex. syndicated content from our media partners)
- Work in lock-step with content creation & content distribution teams to ensure seamless cross-channel experiences.
180 days in
- Develop a POV on whether successful tactics can be/should be automated and work with product & engineering to accomplish.
- Reflect on gaps in tools/capabilities and translate user needs into requirements and use case documentation for technology implementation.
What You’ll Bring:
- A track record of delivering great digital experiences through a mix of personalization, A/B testing, email marketing, digital advertising, data, and content management tools.
- Left and right brain thinking—strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and use it to craft compelling creative/messaging & experiences.
- Customer-obsession and a drive to use data, business, and industry knowledge to get to know them more intimately.
- Idea generation with a strategic lens—ability to conceive & generate continuous testing opportunities but place them within a strategic framework & priority map.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to develop strong cross-functional relationships, and works quickly—with a bias for action.
- Excellent communication—both written and verbal.
- Exposure to CRM/LTV data science concepts, including predictive modeling and AI.
- Technical hands-on experience in personalization & analytics tools—prior work with enterprise ESPs & on-site search.
- Some coding experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience as a practitioner of digital experience strategy and implementation in a fast-paced, consumer-focused organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.