Product Manager- B2B
Who We Are:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Product Manager, you will have ownership of products within our B2B business. This is a great opportunity for a product manager to drive features for both how ticket buyers and sellers experience their customer journey, as well as how to scale our partners deploy our products. As a product owner, you will be responsible for ensuring the Engineering team is building products and services that support our business objectives. This role will deliver business impact through product roadmap development and priority setting, deep understanding of customer and partner needs, and successfully shipping releases.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Collaborate daily with our Engineering teams to plan feature releases and sprints that facilitate the best experience and create the most value for our users and partners.
- Rally multiple teams on their journey in building enterprise-ready capabilities where your suggestions are expected, challenged, and applied.
- Using your strong product background and experience working with Engineering teams, you will not only drive high-level strategic initiatives for our core services and products, but will also deliver outstanding results, quickly, with high quality.
- Work across the organization, partnering with multiple stakeholders (including business development, design/UX, operations, customer support, accounting, proprietary tools, etc.) to understand and translate requirements, make tradeoffs of scope and implementation, and deliver high quality projects.
- Lead the team in prioritizing product features and collaborate in design, estimations, and planning sessions with the overall team.
- Write clear user stories for a project, and sometimes for ambiguous features, as part of an Agile delivery team; verify stories are implemented as intended, records bugs, and assists the Engineering team in driving resolution.
- Define the product goals and roadmap, ensuring alignment with business objectives and company strategy.
- Analyze user data and feedback to measure the effectiveness and competitiveness of the product.
How your role expectations will progress as a Product Manager in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers and partners.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Acquire knowledge of Vivid Seat’s products, architectural approaches and platforms, as well as gain an understanding of our cross-application business services and process flows.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Work across the organization, partnering with internal and external stakeholders to understand and translate requirements, make tradeoffs of scope and implementation, and deliver high quality projects.
- Write clear user stories for a project, and sometimes for ambiguous features, as part of an Agile delivery team; verify stories are implemented as intended, records bugs, and assists the development team in driving resolution.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Proactively work with the Engineering and other stakeholders to define the product goals and create a forward-looking roadmap, ensuring alignment of our products with the overall business objectives and company strategy.
- Lead the team in prioritizing product features to meet internal and customer needs and collaborate in the design, estimations and planning sessions with the overall team.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in helping organizations map business value to customer needs.
- Sufficient mastery of technology so that you can take high-level technical concepts and break them down into prioritized roadmaps and plans in partnership with Engineering.
- Comfortable having a conversation balancing technology approaches with system architects and senior developers as well as business value with other product managers.
- Multiple years of prior experience in product management and a record of successful product delivery.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage trade-offs to establish the right approach to executing the product strategy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to quickly assess situations and make recommendations for key decisions.
- Proven experience in crafting product roadmaps by gathering input from customers, partners, internal users, engineers and other stakeholders.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.