This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As a B2B Systems Support Engineer you’ll be the on the front lines ensuring that our brokers and resale partners are getting the best possible experience from their relationship with Vivid Seats. You’ll triage incoming issues, document and escalate them when necessary, fix bugs and complete quality-of-life feature requests, and work closely with the product team to maintain and enhance our broker POS product, SkyBox, and our white-label and API products for resellers.
This role is ideal for applicants who are looking to get their first experience as a software engineer or get a foot in the door in the industry – consider it an apprenticeship. If you have just recently finished a boot camp, or are self-taught and looking to get your start, this will be a great opportunity to get into the industry, work with experienced engineering teams, and get exposed to the tools and processes that will help you be a successful software engineer. At Vivid Seats, we love to promote internally and develop our employees, and we are looking to build our support engineers into product engineers working full time on developing and enhancing our industry-leading products and services. You will receive personal attention from the engineering staff and management team to ensure that you are getting the necessary exposure to succeed and grow.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Delight our customers by maintaining a high level of customer service and resolving their bugs quickly and effectively.
- Keep the product team focused and effective by triaging and then either escalating or fixing customer-reported bugs and issues in production.
- Collaborate with our QE team to help them ensure our released software is high quality and reliable.
- Provide engineering support when we roll out new customers on our platforms and ensure they have a great launch experience.
How your role expectations will progress as a Support Engineer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in:
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in:
- Independently respond to support tickets leveraging your understanding of our products and know when and how to escalate issues to the product engineering team.
- Fix urgent bugs in a timely fashion and feel comfortable releasing them to production.
- Write, maintain, and update customer-facing documentation
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations, and software design sessions.
- Engage in code review to learn from other engineers’ work.
180 days in:
- Comfort with and deep knowledge of the systems you are responsible for supporting.
- Develop customer-requested quality of life features in addition to bugfixes.
- Be largely independent as an engineer, leaning on your peers to help you understand new processes and systems but capable of completing tickets independently and contributing to other teams’ code review.
- Give at least one technical talk on a topic that excites you to the whole team – teaching is the best way to learn!
What You’ll Bring:
- A passion for problem solving and a desire to learn and grow as a person and a professional.
- Pride in the quality of what you do, with the understanding that no matter how good you get there is always room for growth.
- Openness to new experiences and challenges and the attitude that you can accomplish anything if you try.
- The ability to ask smart questions, actively seek help and growth opportunities, and share responsibility for your professional development.
- Some experience in building software – either a boot camp, or a history of independent learning – that you can lean on to get you started.
- A cool story about yourself to introduce yourself to the team with.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.