Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation
As a Reporting and Data Analyst you will own the reporting, analysis and data deliverables that will be utilized by stakeholders to drive business decisions. You will operate as the primary liaison between business units, analytics, and data engineering. This includes building ad hoc reports, data analysis, dashboards, managing needs for exports & models of data, and coordinating with Data Engineering to get new data available for the business at large to use. The Reporting and Data Analyst position provides a high-performing, analytically inclined individual the opportunity to own the reporting process at Vivid Seats, learn the business by working across multiple functional areas, and have close visibility with business leaders.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Effectively fulfill information needs using available analytical tools to create ad hoc reports & dashboards that accurately and efficiently summarize data
- Interpret and refine customer requirements, working with stakeholders to identify key metrics, develop reporting and present actionable insights
- Identify opportunities for automation to more efficiently provide repeatable data extractions to reduce manual effort and rework
- Partner with Data Engineering team to build foundational solutions to reporting problems that ensure accuracy, ease of use, and query performance
- Estimate level of effort and timelines to complete work
- Work independently while managing and meeting competing deliverables while keeping stakeholders informed on timelines and setting expectations in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
How your role expectations will progress as a Reporting and Data Analyst in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Understand all relevant tables in database, Looker/LookML and data structure/architecture.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest, and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Independently manage reporting requests, producing work to be utilized by stakeholders.
- Develop any views/new tables as needed for reporting in database.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to create a cohesive reporting and data strategy.
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Be a trusted partner to functional leaders to understand their departmental needs and more efficiently provide data, analytics, and reporting.
- Anticipate downstream impacts for changes, make necessary adjustments and proactively communicate to stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring:
- SQL experience writing select statements joining across multiple tables, subject areas, and granularities of data to create reports that accurately summarize data to the correct detail
- Experience working with BI tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, etc.) to create efficient and accurate reports
- Experience with quantitative analytics
- Eye for detail and demonstrated ability to solve problems logically and systemically while ensuring information is accurate and consistent across reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively present complex information to stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and prioritization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.