Software Engineering Manager (Services)
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. We believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation
The Opportunity: We are looking for an experienced and innovative engineering leader for our Services Engineering team who is passionate about and has experience building service oriented applications. At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the secondary ticket marketplace industry. You will be building out technology solutions that enable a world class user experience across the Vivid Seats platform. In addition to leading the team in day-to-day execution, you will play a role in hiring new engineers as well as carrying out performance management, coaching, and delivering feedback.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Lead a team to excellence in execution to deliver quality projects on time.
- Help grow and modernize our application service layer.
- Build upon our emerging microservice reference architecture to deploy highly scalable services for B2B, B2C, and other consumer applications.
- Partner with business stakeholders, product owners, design, and data teams in a high velocity software engineering environment to define and bring new capabilities to market.
- Participate in the Design and architecture to drive technical innovations · While this position does not require hands-on coding, it will require technical skills and experience in cloud-native engineering, Java, Rest APIs, and service-oriented design patterns.
- Develop and coach engineers while participating in hiring initiatives to attract new talent.
- Effectively communicate team’s work to leadership regularly.
- Lead complex initiatives and act as the technical subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support for all software development in a fast-paced Agile environment.
How your role expectations will progress in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Meet your team to understand their motivations, areas of focus, and immediate support areas. Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you will contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate yourself with team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Adapt your communication style and management methods to meet the unique needs of the individuals you manage.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations, and design sessions.
- Delivery of stable and scalable front-end code for our in-house marketing platform.
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impact the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Have self-sufficiency in all applications touched by the team.
- Actively contribute to larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
What You will Bring:
- A customer first attitude with 8+ years of technical experience working in software engineering preferably with modern languages and frameworks such as Spring Boot, Java, Python, or Event Driven systems.
- Experience providing technical leadership in a fast-paced Agile environment where you have led high performance teams and provided technical direction related to the growth and development of products.
- Project and program management experience delivering high-quality software solutions that met or exceeded both functional and non-functional specifications.
- Knowledge and expertise in all aspects of software engineering with the ability to assess and make improvements that positively affect software quality.
- A proven track record of delivering solutions to the market.
- Familiarity with application observability and cloud monitoring tools such as Datadog.
- Strong Experience with Java, Spring Framework, SOA, AWS
- Experience with SQL (MySQL or related).
- A passion for software engineering and solving problems with code.
- A love for technology, and a strong curiosity for new tools to solve real problems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-Starter mentality with a strong work ethic and superior attention to detail.