Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Trainer at Vivid Seats you will be responsible for preparing and facilitating training sessions for Vivid Seat’s new hires, incumbents and management staff in a classroom and/or virtual setting. This also includes providing training and/or preparing/sending materials to our offshore BPO agents.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Through facilitation, prepares our operations employees to provide world class customer service to our customers.
- Continuously seeks ongoing feedback and keeps lines of communication open to classroom participants, peers, and management team; modifies sessions as needed.
- Consistently monitors and assesses a participant’s performance trends and identifies specific skills/gaps to ensure training objectives are exceeded.
- Provides feedback and makes recommendations regarding the procedures and practices appropriate to improving training.
- Partners with instructional designers and developers to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) during the development and maintenance of course content.
- Performs administrative functions to maintain organization and classroom management; tasks include managing attendance, updating training calendars and records, leading the process of gathering and scheduling team speakers, coordinating the process of gathering assistance for each day of new hire nesting and scheduling training events.
How your role expectations will progress as Trainer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Shadow and observe current training curriculum to learn classroom structure and content.
- Become knowledgeable in all training material.
- Lead mock training sessions to ensure preparedness for conducting a new hire class.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Exhibit expert level understanding of all training material.
- Independently facilitate new hire training and administer knowledge assessments.
- Maintain new hire’s performance through retaining training information.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Plays an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Identify gaps and opportunities within new hire classroom training sessions.
- Provide recommendations and input to Training team and internal stakeholders on best practices.
- Drive process improvements on content and overall training methodologies.
What You’ll Bring:
- Must be knowledgeable about adult learning concepts and theories and be able to apply them effectively in the classroom environment.
- Ability to tie all performance outcomes listed during instruction.
- High energy to keep the class engaged while managing class time.
- Uses questions effectively to draw out key learning concepts from new hires.
- Ability to meet with the learning client post-training to discuss recommendations for follow-up activities to reinforce the learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with LMS, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; and a variety of additional workplace perks.