Brand Manager – Vivid Picks (Daily Fantasy Sports)
Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our people are our greatest competitive advantage.
At the end of 2021, Vivid Seats acquired Betcha Sports, Inc., a real money sports app that leverages unique social and gamification features to take what’s previously been a mundane, single player experience & turn it into something community oriented and competitive. This year, the daily fantasy app was rebranded to Vivid Picks to reflect a one-of-a-kind blended product experience that includes eCommerce, featuring a curated selection of sporting events based on team and player preferences—all while turning predicting the game into a game of its own.
Our team is seeking a Brand Manager for Vivid Picks to help cultivate our brand voice + build & scale our marketing initiatives across all channels. The person occupying this role will be a strategic thinker and tactical executor who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and tackle everything from high-profile campaigns to strategic special projects. He/she/they is both creative and analytical with the ability to dream big, execute effectively and operate in a dynamic environment. This person can inspire teams, both creative and executional in nature as we bring the brand to life across channels and formats. This role is constantly measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of our efforts and reacting accordingly to continually improve our performance across a broad set of KPIs that they will help to define. Finally, this person has a passion for sports, fantasy/gaming and delivering industry-leading brand experiences that are true to our DNA.
In addition to bringing manager best practices, you will develop a collaborative, cross-disciplinary and high-performing team while overseeing and improving organizational design, structure, priorities, management processes and reporting information systems. They will be responsible for hiring and promoting talent, while building productive, value-added partnerships with vendors. You will also be integral in building an engaged Vivid Seats corporate culture. “How” results are achieved will be as important as “what” is achieved.
** This role will ideally be based in Chicago, as we are embracing a hybrid work environment! **
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Everyone is a fan of something. At Vivid Picks, we’re on a mission to ensure more fans are able to get closer to the sports they love both through real money gaming & ticketing. This role will play a key part in helping us bring that mission to life—both with current customers AND ensuring that prospective customers understand our story & what makes our offering unique/better.
- You will roll up your sleeves, execute, analyze & optimize our marketing activities for Vivid Picks as part of the holistic Vivid Seats ecosystem. This person will be THE go-to person with ownership of initiatives across channels.
- Reporting to Vivid Picks leadership (LOB), with a dotted-line to marketing (functional) —you will help bring to life campaigns aimed at bringing new customers into our ecosystem and monetizing existing customers across their lifecycle.
- Cross-functional collaboration with internal teams to leverage existing resources that help optimize the flywheel between Vivid Seats to Vivid Picks & vice versa will be critical. This includes ideating & executing CRM cross-sell initiatives, building alignment between product teams & marketing around promotions & features, etc.
- You will be the day-to-day contact managing key affiliate (and influencer) relationships, working closely with them to ideate and execute campaigns that will drive new users, create engaging content & keep their audiences interacting with our product.
- Impart DFS ‘perspective’ within the organization—build empathy & understanding overall of gaming specific nuances.
How your role expectations will progress as Vivid Picks Brand Manager in the first 30, 60, and 90 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn about the ecosystem between Vivid Picks & Vivid Seats and the flywheel we are looking to build.
- Steep yourself in historical performance data—including CAC of performance marketing efforts and LTV/payback periods—working with our internal analyst.
- Build relationships with current affiliate (and influencer) partners + take over day to day management of those relationships.
- Collaborate with internal creative teams as they undertake a brand VisID + voice & tone alignment between Vivid Picks & Vivid Seats.
- Establish yourself as the point-person for ideation, execution, analysis & optimization of Vivid Picks marketing initiatives across various channels.
60 days in
- Craft a holistic marketing plan with key stakeholders, execute the first phase(s) of the plan and create a strong process for measuring success.
- Put together measurement & reporting framework/reputational ‘dashboard’ to drive growth in the business. Develop new hypotheses for testing & optimize marketing activities against key acquisition & retention goals.
- Ideate around and continuously test new cross-sell campaigns to drive the flywheel between Vivid Seats & Vivid Picks.
- Demonstrate success in optimizing quantity & quality of cohorts acquired via affiliate (and influencer) channels + bring new partners to the table at preferred economics.
- Own the promotional strategy & author a calendar of activity that looks several months out (while leaving “room” for opportunistic activations.) Socialize & align the calendar broadly & translate plan into ‘completed’ promos (secure legal approval, submit dev tickets, etc.)
90 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that will positively impact the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Launch back-half marketing campaigns and read/assess results in conjunction with media & creative partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of which marketing channels are driving which customer segments & the differences in their behavior.
- Work with the CRM team to create well thought out customer journeys & promotions to drive key KPIs.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 5+ years in marketing
- Familiarity with key marketing principles—brand equity pyramids, customer segmentation & cohorting, comms & media planning, measurement & optimization
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships and collaborate with peers constructively—be tough on issues but good to people
- Experience liaising with agencies, affiliate/influencer partners & others to optimize performance (but are not seeking those who have been wholly reliant on external parties—this is a “hands on keyboard” role)
- Willingness to work in an environment of transformation and change, work with timelines, and drive continued process improvement
- Innovative in simplifying complex issues and persuasively make a case for change leading to action
- Ability to use frameworks to provide structure to complicated tasks and assignments
- Analytical thinker who can set and evaluate program KPIs
- Adaptable/flexible personality who can handle the ever-changing demands of the position and work in both strategic and executional capacities
- Intimate knowledge of sports & passion for fantasy/gaming are a must (while retaining the ability to empathize with the “DFS novice”)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Location: Chicago, IL
We believe in a hybrid working model which provides employees the flexibility to take advance of in-person and remote collaboration. Check out our brand new HQ office, bursting with the energy of live events fandom and the vibrancy of Chicago’s rising tech scene.