Senior Product Manager
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: You will have ownership of the products and product strategy for our seller-facing technologies for our live events marketplace. This is a great opportunity for a tenured product manager to champion the seller lifecycle including how sellers interface & integrate with Vivid Seats, Skybox (our POS for sellers), and internal products/systems that we build to drive marketplace growth. Our sellers are a critical constituent of our business, and this role is at the center of enabling supply-side growth, improving seller stickiness, and system performance on all seller tech. You will collaborate cross functionality to ideate, develop, and deliver products and features that create value for our customers and our business. This role will use data and a deep understanding of our customers to successfully deliver products to market.
In addition to bringing manager best practices, you will develop a collaborative, cross-disciplinary and high-performing team while overseeing and improving organizational design, structure, priorities, management processes and reporting information systems. They will be responsible for hiring and promoting talent, while building productive, value-added partnerships with vendors. You will also be integral in building an engaged Vivid Seats corporate culture. “How” results are achieved will be as important as “what” is achieved.
Our ideal candidate is an innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver who has a track record of successful execution and developing product strategy. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly assess situations and make recommendations for key decisions. The right candidate will possess a strong product background and have a well-rounded technical skillset. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but can also roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Most importantly, you are able to deliver outstanding results, quickly, with high quality and have exceptional communication skills (able to speak the language of end-users, management, design, and development).
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Work across the organization, partnering with multiple stakeholders (including operations, customer support, accounting, proprietary tools, etc.) to understand and translate requirements, make the right tradeoffs on scope and implementation, and deliver high quality products.
- Define the product goals and roadmap, ensuring alignment with business objectives and company strategy.
- Lead the delivery team in prioritizing product features and collaborate in design, estimations, and planning sessions with the overall team.
- Define features through clearly written user stories as part of an Agile delivery team; verify stories are implemented as intended, records bugs, and assist the engineering team in driving resolution.
- Analyze user data and feedback to measure the effectiveness, competitiveness and impact of the product.
- Effectively communicate product strategies and executional plans across the organization – to stakeholders, peers – as well as external constituents
How your role expectations will progress as a Senior Product Manager in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Acclimate to Vivid Seats’ values and organizational goals to understand how your department drives initiatives forward.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces and our products operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our constituents.
- Collaborate with UX and engineering to write user stories for new features. Assist with verification and feature performance analysis for newly released features.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Define features and lead the team in prioritizing clearly written user stories that create delightful and bug free experiences for our customers.
- Leverage tooling and data to gain insight and analyze customer behavior and product performance to recommend product enhancements.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to confirm accurate prioritization and refine processes for collaboration and best practices.
- Drive product department roadmap exercises that balance current needs with future strategic initiatives.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Proactively work with the Engineering and other stakeholders to define the product goals and create a forward-looking roadmap, ensuring alignment of seller technology/products with the overall business objectives and company strategy.
- Lead the team in prioritizing features to meet internal and customer needs and collaborate in the design, estimations, and planning sessions with the overall team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience in helping organizations map business value to customer needs.
- Sufficient mastery of technology so that you can take high-level technical concepts and break them down into prioritized roadmaps and plans in partnership with engineering.
- Prior experience in product management and a record of successful product delivery.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage trade-offs to establish the right approach to executing the product strategy.
- Highly analytical with experience managing data-centric products; capable of turning raw data into information and insights.
- Proven experience of crafting product roadmaps by gathering input from customers, partners, internal users, engineers and other stakeholders.
- An understanding of online marketplaces and an interest in the live event space
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Location: Chicago, IL
We believe in a hybrid working model which provides employees the flexibility to take advance of in-person and remote collaboration. Check out our brand new HQ office, bursting with the energy of live events fandom and the vibrancy of Chicago’s rising tech scene.