Senior Leadership Development Partner
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation. The
Talent Development at Vivid Seats focuses on four core areas: Onboarding & Integration, Performance Management, Leadership Development, and Employee Engagement. As a Senior Leadership Development Partner on our People Team, you’ll guide Vivid Seats in strengthening the capabilities of our workforce within each one of our core focus areas. Your work will play an integral role in the evolution and scale of our people strategy as we continue to create exceptional experiences for our talented teammates. This is a brand-new role and a unique opportunity to learn and grow with us.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Collaborates with People Team and cross functional business leaders to develop and implement solutions to optimize leader, team and organizational performance aligned with business objectives.
- Creates, develops, and implements engaging curriculum in instructor led presentations, hybrid sessions, learning videos, and other mediums.
- Work with talent development leader to design and deliver innovative leadership development solutions based on unique departmental needs.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to drive customized onboarding and integration experiences to drive early tenure performance.
- Partners to evolve Vivid Seats performance management strategy by designing and implementing new and impactful touchpoints to build a culture of results orientation and ongoing feedback.
- Leads components of the talent review process in alignment with Vivid Seats overall strategy. Advises leaders in the creation of development plans to drive performance, accountability, and results.
- Partners to evolve Vivid Seats overall engagement philosophy and ensure that our employee listening strategy is gathering the right insights. Designs and implements interventions to address engagement opportunities.
- Provide 1:1 coaching and engages with leaders and talent across the business to influence and build long lasting, trusting relationships.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Learning and Development, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 6+ years of experience in talent development or organizational development roles
- Experience implementing talent development, performance management, and engagement programs for a diverse employee base.
- Analytical thinker and strategic problem-solver, who can design and deliver effective, impactful employee experiences and drive positive business outcomes.
- Ability to effectively organize work, prioritize and manage time in a dynamic, fast-paced environment across multiple projects under little or no supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including relationship development, credibility, empathy and trust building.
- This is a hybrid position, based in Chicago with in-office work 2 or more days a week.
How your role expectations will progress as a Sr Leadership Development Partner in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Create 30 day developmental and business goals.
- Participate in systems trainings for engagement and recognition platform
- Observe and participate in leadership development sessions
- Begin designing at least 1 department specific leadership session
- Partner with organizational development associate to understand surveys at Vivid Seats
90 days in
- Develop, maintain, and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Create 1 year developmental and business goals.
- Begin conducting developmental 1 on 1’s with manager level employees
- Assist with administration of leadership development programs.
- Partner with stakeholders on advancement of department level on-boarding
- Collaborate on the development of our long-term leadership development strategy, with specific attention paid to developing hi-potential leaders.
- Play a key role in ongoing evolution of our performance management strategy with specific attention paid to driving feedback.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote / hybrid work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Location: Chicago, IL
We believe in a hybrid working model which provides employees the flexibility to take advantage of in-person and remote collaboration. Check out our brand new HQ office, bursting with the energy of live events fandom and the vibrancy of Chicago’s rising tech scene.