Product Manager (MarTech)
This position is a Chicago-based role with the expectation that this candidate will be hybrid in our Chicago office.
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Product Manager focused on Marketing Technology, you will have end-to-end ownership of core acquisition and retention systems that power our live events marketplace. This is a great opportunity for a product manager to drive impactful solutions for our customers – enabling us to scale our marketing efforts in line with creating an exceptional experience within our products and owned channels for customers. The right candidate can drive product strategy and partner with stakeholders on the vision as well as execute on system implementations and software delivery – all with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. You will be expected to stand up new capabilities as well as modernize existing systems – where optimization and innovation are part of the day to day. And in turn, be well versed in utilizing data to determine product performance and impacts made.
Our ideal candidate is an innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver who has a track record of successful execution and product strategy. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly assess situations and make recommendations for key decisions. The right candidate will possess a strong product background and have a well-rounded technical acumen. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but can also get into the weeds and get the job done. Most importantly, you are able to deliver outstanding results, quickly, with high quality and have exceptional communication skills (able to speak the language of end-users, management, design, and development).
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Work across the organization, partnering with multiple stakeholders (including marketing, design/UX, engineering, operations, customer support, etc.) to understand and translate requirements, make tradeoffs of scope and implementation, and deliver high quality products.
- Define the product strategy within the MarTech domain and translate those into clear product roadmaps which align to company goals and objectives.
- Lead the team in prioritizing product features and collaborate in design, estimations, and planning sessions with the overall team. Lead key MarTech system implementation efforts across a stakeholder working group and ensure speed to delivery is matched with robust system implementation.
- Define features through clearly written user stories as part of an Agile delivery team; verify stories are implemented as intended, records bugs, and assist the engineering team in driving resolution.
- Analyze user data and feedback to measure the effectiveness and competitiveness of the product.
How your role expectations will progress as a Product Manager in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Acclimate to Vivid Seats’ values and organizational goals to understand how your department drives initiatives forward.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces and our B2C products operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with marketing, UX and engineering to write user stories for new features. Assist with verification and feature performance analysis for newly released features.
60 days in
- Define features and lead the team in prioritizing clearly written user stories that create performant products and systems.
- Leverage tooling and data to gain insight and analyze customer behavior and business results to recommend product enhancements.
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
90 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impact the team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to confirm accurate prioritization and refine processes for collaboration and best practices.
- Drive product department roadmap exercises that balance current needs with future strategic initiatives.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Proactively work with the Engineering and other stakeholders to define the product goals and create a forward-looking roadmap, ensuring alignment of MarTech products with the overall business objectives and company strategy.
- Lead the team in prioritizing features to meet internal and customer needs and collaborate in the design, estimations and planning sessions with the overall team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience in helping organizations map business value to customer needs.
- Sufficient mastery of technology so that you can take high-level technical concepts and break them down into prioritized roadmaps and plans in partnership with engineering.
- Prior experience in product management and a record of successful product delivery.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage trade-offs to establish the right approach to executing the product strategy.
- Highly analytical with experience managing data-centric products; capable of turning raw data into information and insights.
- Proven experience of crafting product roadmaps by gathering input from customers, partners, internal users, engineers and other stakeholders.
- An understanding of online marketplaces and an interest in the live event space.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; in science, technology, or a related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.