Senior Full Stack Engineer (B2C)
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer (B2C), you will build and support systems responsible for our exciting new app experience tailored just for sports fans. You will work on the latest cross-platform technology and make decisions which will directly impact product direction. Following React, front-end, and mobile development best practices, you’ll be responsible for developing frameworks that scale to the needs of other internal development teams at Vivid Seats.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- You will add senior experience and founding membership to a new team designed to iterate rapidly on solving problems for sports fans
- You will help define what it means to be an excellent React Native developer at Vivid Seats, and help grow a React Native and Node.js community
- You will define and implement best-practices in design patterns, code quality, testing, and innovation to keep our commitment of always putting our customers first.
How your role expectations will progress as a Senior React Native Engineer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations, and design sessions.
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Have self-sufficiency in all applications touched by the team.
- Actively contributes into larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years professional experience in software engineering
Frontend Mobile & Frontend Web:
- Possesses excellent understanding of functional components for React Native / ES6 + Expo as well as ReactJS / ES6
- Knowledge of state management across instanced components
- Comfortable in coding small animation
- Understanding of build/deployment pipelines
- Minimum knowledge around native code such a capability to open and build an XCode workspace or an Android Studio project
- Good understanding of end user authentication (OAuth2.0, Incognito, other)
- Familiarity with a UI framework like MaterialUI or SemanticUI
- Understanding of progressive web application best practices
- Experience with client-side application state libraries (Redux)
- Good knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJS, GraphQL, Mocha, Spring, RESTful API
- Experience optimizing code for performance and high-availability
- Familiarity with 3rd party services like Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Proven experience implementing scalable APIs and caching mechanisms.
- Basic networking understanding (ISO/OSI Stack, DNS, ACL)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like Cassandra/MongoDB as well as relational databases such as MySQL
- Strong knowledge in data profiling and query optimization
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing continuous delivery and deployment pipelines
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills to document and share team best practices across the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives and equity for all employees; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.