Agile Delivery Lead
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: Vivid Seats is committed to continuous improvement driven by collaboration, communication, and transparency in everything we do. We are looking for a Agile Delivery Lead to drive delivery effectiveness on our various teams in partnership with the Engineering and Product management team leaders. The role is a blend between a scrum master which will focus on guiding the teams to create the right structures and practices to enable and empower the teams as well as a project manager role to help co-ordinate cross-team activities that will ensure the successful delivery of business value to market.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Partner with the two or more teams to create and manage the teams' roadmaps and delivery statuses on an ongoing basis. This will allow the product leaders to focus on product definition as well as product prioritization and enable engineering leaders to manage technical delivery decisions.
- Support delivery teams by organizing information for key ceremonies such as backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Streamline communication and minimize knowledge gaps between different teams to coordinate multi-team deliveries.
- Coach and enable teams to drive through internal continuous improvement initiatives along with Engineering Managers and Product Managers.
- Provide coaching for additional delivery teams within the department as needed.
- Support in the creation and maintenance of standardized tools and processes that can be leveraged across multiple teams.
How your role expectations will progress as a Software Delivery Lead in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Facilitate and/or drive key ceremonies like the retrospective and sprint planning.
- Prepare weekly status reports (aka Delivery Health Reports) in partnership with the engineering and product managers.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Partnering with other business units such as marketing, call center operations and accounting to ensure that all aspects of launch is accounted for
- Partnering with other delivery teams to learn how teams are actively delivering as well as sharing lessons learned on their own teams
- Making recommendations on streamlining our tooling to ensure our delivery success
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team as well as the department.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of managing cross-organizational deliveries in an Agile environment for a technology product organization
- Experience with running and managing projects with multiple stakeholder groups. Our deliveries include working with technology, product, operations, marketing, and sales organizations.
- Experience blending the responsiveness of running an Agile delivery project while having the discipline of PMP.
- Experienced with project and product management tooling and be able to define requirements, make minor adjustments and validate larger tooling changes.
- Highly analytical with experience with making data-driven delivery recommendations to the team but also highly empathetic in understanding the needs of the organization.
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to blending approaches (Lean, Kanban, Agile, Scrum, etc.) to apply the right principles in the right contexts
- Ability to instinctively adapt communication, persuasion and negotiation skills depending on your audience, which will include senior leadership level
- Experience and passion for coaching, mentoring and improvement of teams
- Understand the goal of self-organization and collective ownership within teams and how to get there
- Be a natural facilitator, engaging with your team and beyond
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.