Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To provide excellent customer service both internally, and externally, and assist the Executive Director, as well as promote efficient and thorough communications throughout the community.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Provide first-class customer service.
- Maintain the bookkeeping of the community including accounts payable, vendor compliance, accounts receivable, journal entries, cash flow and all other aspects of the company’s accounting policies.
- Maintain and be responsible for reception area and assist Executive Director.
- Responsible for all telephone and front desk procedures and will directly supervise receptionists.
- Review accounts payable prior to mailing and disbursing all checks promptly.
- Complete all administrative duties timely and as required, including but not limited to, copying, filing, and data entry in order to support the Executive Director
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community.
- Maintain 24-hour communication log and communicate findings.
- Accurately manage resident records ensuring completed resident agreements and adequate follow-up on special agreements and renewals.
- Ensure all new residents paperwork is completed, conduct resident, including family, orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the Community and your department, and introduce resident to all staff and residents, match resident with Resident Ambassador.
- Perform move-in paperwork for all new move-ins by coordinating with the leasing team to schedule appointments at the time of deposit.
- Keep a current appointment log of new residents scheduled for lease signing paperwork.
- Create, in conjunction with Executive Director, all resident renewal letters a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to lease expiration and distribute according.
- Calendar and follow up with all renewals beginning fifteen (15) days after sending renewal letters.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies for the Community, as needed.
- Maintain schedule/resident sign-up sheets for activities/transportation.
- Work with department heads to schedule transportation.
- Monitor emergency call system and respond via set protocol.
- Attract potential residents by providing a warm, friendly atmosphere; be open to questions and the relationship-building processes; and gather appropriate information upon arrival.
- Create and/or update resident records and inputs new resident information into appropriate information systems, including Resident Services and Wellness.
- Proactively address problems and concerns for both residents and employees.
- Answer phones for Administration and Marketing in an efficient (two rings) manner and follow up appropriately with message-taking according to company procedures.
- Transfer telephone service to cellular telephone or appropriate extension when away from desk and maintain answering protocols.
- Assist with day-to-day clerical office work.
- Maintain financial accounts by accurately recording daily purchases.
- Contribute to team efforts by communicating information properly and thoroughly.
- Exhibit respect, professionalism, and courtesy consistently and to reject any attempts at negative gossip.
- Create and develop a culture of open communication throughout the community both within and between departments, employees, and residents.
- Be a “go-to” resource for all employees. This department will have the functionality to know and understand where any and all information is located within the building.
- Utilize free advertising sources available such as websites, social networking sites, and information within the Chamber of Commerce Newsletters to expand exposure.
- Developing a master Timeline for the Executive Director to be able to track the responsibilities of every department within the building.
- Presenting all information within a professional, meaningful format that provides all necessary information without opinion or clutter.
- Management of communications within the building, including entering work orders and performing follow-up telephone calls to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the Community and your department.
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADLs and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- Participate in all training offered by employer.
- Ensure residents who are sleeping in the front lobby/business area are assisted in moving to their apartment, or that they are engaged in a community event or program, and that proper team member is notified.
- Light housekeeping duties of common areas in sight of front desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience in handling bookkeeping and knowledge of basic accounting with an ability to adhere to the company’s accounting policies.
- Able to read, write, understand, and communicate in English at a minimum of 12th grade proficiency.
- Be proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs.
- Possess clear verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions and apply practical problem solving skills as needed.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Be criminally cleared by background check.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening.
- Must be able to work varying hours as needed with reliable means of transportation.