Arrow Senior Living Management wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part in a much larger story of residents’ lives. It is our hope that Arrow team members create joy-filled memories with this respected generation. And because there is no greater gift that someone can give than their time, we thank you for your generosity.
1) Be a Superior Supervisor: In the absence of department heads, this position is in charge of the building. Be active in the department, assisting and leading the Wellness team and other departments in ensuring quick, reliable, and person-centered care is provided.
2) Be a Force on the Floor: A good leader sets a good example: Be available to help with call lights, requests for assistance from the team, and demonstrate a sense of urgency that puts the needs, great or small, of a resident first.
3) Be a Diligent Documenter: Resident assessments, medical records, and internal documents should be completed accurately and efficiently, and filed correctly.
4) Be a Compassionate Caregiver: Exemplify the core values at the heart of Arrow, ensuring each interaction with a resident is professional, caring, and ends with the resident feeling safe and cared for.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest, dignity, and respect, celebration and choice in each resident’s needs.
- Supervise Wellness assisted living team members on assigned shifts and memory care team members during times when the Memory Care Director is out of the memory care neighborhood or community.
- Provide direct (hands-on) nursing care, including medication passes as needed.
- Respond to emergencies in any neighborhood of the community.
- Respond to urgent situations for all departments in licensed and unlicensed neighborhoods when departments heads not in building or unavailable.
- Perform duties of Wellness Director in his/her absence.
- Participate in staffing, scheduling, counseling, disciplining, and performance improvement plans with assisted living employees involved in the direct delivery of care and services as required and set out in service plan(s).
- Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care and report significant issues as appropriate.
- Attend mandatory company meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of resident care, employee development, and continued quality improvement in the licensed neighborhoods (AL and MC) within Arrow-managed communities.
- Assure accuracy and completeness of medical records. Audit documentation for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Communicate clearly, maintain confidentiality and also interpret, adapt, and supply guidelines and procedures to community employees as necessary.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents with adequate documentation regarding care and services provided in support of continuity of care.
- Works on scheduled weekends and holidays. Must be flexible and a team player.
- Collaborates in planning and assists with orientation of Wellness and memory care employees as assigned.
- Foster positive relations with employees, residents, families, providers and vendors.
- Participate in welcoming and orientation of new residents/family members to the community.
- Participate in family/resident counseling.
- Recognize problems and recommend solutions. Stays calm and effective in emergencies.
- Assure effective communication with other shifts and departments as it relates to resident care.
- Coordinate and monitor outside support services such as hospice, therapy, home health, etc., while also following established service plans and ensuring that such plans are properly integrated into each resident’s individual care.
- Follow community programs including risk management, infection prevention, quality assurance performance improvement (QAPI), and staff development
- Participate in community surveys as requested by management.
- Make routine rounds to assure proper care and a safe clean resident environment.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with state, local, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Wellness Director and Memory Care Director to provide clinical oversight and care to residents within assisted living and memory care neighborhoods. This may include medication management, pain management, wound care, nutrition, respiratory care, and fall management.
- Partner with the Wellness Director to complete required resident screening and assessments including but not limited to pre-screening/admissions, readmission, ongoing and significant change of condition assessments.
- Ensure residents’ clinical assessments and individual service plans are maintained to reflect residents’ goals, preferences, and individualized clinical needs.
- Ensure quality, timely, and appropriate care and services are delivered while adhering to community policy, regulation, and law.
- Must have current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing within state of employment.
- Thorough working knowledge of current care standards and regulations.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of current medication regulation and law.
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and supervision appropriate to the residents.
- Be in good health, and physically mental and capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrate freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Be able to safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform two-person transfers.
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insurance carrier’s policy.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience in hands-on care of memory impaired residents is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is preferred, but not required.
- Access to reliable transportation.