Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To ensure exceptional quality of care for all residents through motivation, innovation, training, and scheduling, as well to provide exceptional customer service.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest, dignity, and respect, celebration and choice in each resident’s needs.
- Primarily responsible for oversight of resident care
- Ensure outstanding and appropriate care is delivered while adhering to community guidelines, regulation, and law.
- Assist with med pass observation evaluations
- Conducts monthly wellness visits
- Maintains and completes tasks in tickler file
- Files medical records in wellness charts timely and appropriately
- Chart resident notes appropriately.
- Primarily responsible for completing incident reports and properly documenting incidents on report and in wellness notes.
- Responsible for wound care
- Medication administration and monitoring EMAR system for compliance
- Responsible for shift change pass off.
- Responsible for observing inventory needs and reporting need to Wellness Director
- Review end of shift notes.
- Record new/changed physician orders.
- Maintain healthcare provider relations.
- Perform resident assessments according to established protocol.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond to medical emergencies.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with physicians.
- Participate in community surveys.
- Meet with families/residents during the admissions process.
- Assist in scheduling medical appointments and maintain a current medical appointment calendar.
- Ensure apartments are ready for new residents.
- Must have current nursing license in good standing.
- Thorough working knowledge of current care standards and regulation.
- Experience in hands on care of memory impaired residents.
- Ability to maintain and update effective service plans.
- Ability to supervise care staff.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of current medication regulation and law.
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and supervision appropriate to the residents.
- Ability to communicate with physicians, pharmacies, families, and community staff.
- Be in good health, and physically mental and capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrate freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Must be criminally cleared by prior to the initial presence in the community.
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insurance carrier’s policy.