Junior Android Developer
Who is Virgin Pulse?
At Virgin Pulse, part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, we help organisations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. With our award-winning, mobile-first platform and focus on behavior change, we engage employees every day in cultivating habits that drive positive outcomes across all aspects of health and wellbeing. A global leader in the health and wellbeing market, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organisations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to increase employee wellbeing and engagement and create strong workplace cultures.
What’s the role?
You will be working on the design, development and maintenance of our award-winning Android applications and will play a key role across the entire app lifecycle, from initial concept through to delivery and post-launch support. In addition to delivering across our mobile product offering, the role will be heavily involved in helping shape and drive the mobile strategy globally in conjunction with our broader development and product management team and android lead.
What you'll be doing::
- Lead the design, development, enhancement, and maintenance across our award-winning Android app
- Work collaboratively with all other development team members (product managers, back end programmers, designers/UX, testing, iPhone developers, internal stakeholders) to conceptualise, build, test and release the finished product
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle – including concept, prototyping, build, deploy, test, release to app store and support
- Constantly evolve beautiful mobile user experiences that allow users to intuitively accomplish their goals
- On-going maintenance of the existing apps
- Remain up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
This role is perfect for you if you have: :
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent, plus at least 2 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to work without detailed work breakdowns and functional specifications; taking your own initiative and running with your ideas is key
- Excellent knowledge of the Android SDK
- Expertise in Java (kotlin a plus!)
- Knowledge in the following:
- Dependency Injection
- Experience with Android Architecture Components a plus
- Experience working with/ developing REST-like API interfaces
- Experience using a modern, distributed version control system (GIT preferred)
- Ability to professionally communicate with team members and stakeholders
- A strong drive to keep scalability, performance, refactoring, reusability and security at top of mind when building out an application
- A feel for visual and interaction design is a plus
You will also:
- Be proactive and highly motivated
- Not be afraid to go above and beyond to deliver results
- Have great work ethic and willingness to get involved in a variety of tasks
- Possess a good sense of humour and fun
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people
- Embrace the ethos of Virgin Pulse through personal commitment to health and wellbeing
What we offer you...
A culture that’s fast-paced, innovative, dynamic and seriously fun. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of your work, let your ideas be heard, and really challenge yourself. We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle, have regular social events, provide learning and development opportunities, working within an open plan office (ping pong & pool table included) conveniently located in Southbank.
We also have some pretty nice benefits, including flexible work arrangements, investment in your career development, and Virgin Tribe membership and perks. You’ll gain international exposure, working collaboratively with passionate and talented colleagues around the world. All while making a meaningful difference to people’s lives!