Data Science Analyst - Minneapolis only
- Minneapolis, MN
- ONLY local candidates will be considered.
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are an experienced Data Science Analyst to support the organization’s efforts to maintain an innovative leadership position in the employee engagement SaaS industry. The Data Science Analyst accesses datasets and conducts analysis. The incumbent will be able to interpret the findings and clearly communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, in which expectations are high both for the quality and speed of work.
In the role of a Data Science Analyst you will wear many hats and your skills will be crucial in the following:
- Conduct hands-on cleaning, transforming, compiling required data prior reporting, and analyzing of large volumes of data from disparate databases into clear, actionable insights and reporting through SQL, R and/or Python
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative for client projects as well as case studies
- Use data and analytics to routinely answer questions on user behavior, outcomes and ROI, including ad-hoc questions, project support, and trend investigation
- Perform in-depth client data analysis, which may involve research and drivers of utilization
- Plan and manage data analytic and reporting process to ensure the projects remain on schedule
- Support Client Success, Sales and Marketing staff on direct communication with Virgin Pulse clients and prospects from discovery calls to presenting the results of analysis
- Troubleshoot and perform data audits to ensure and improve data integrity; investigate and resolve data discrepancies
- Achieve annual Key Performance Indicator objectives, which can include report volumes and scope, internal and external client satisfaction, introducing new areas of data and analysis, and influencing company product and process decisions
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, economics, or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar position; employee health management/health engagement industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge and recent hands-on experiences in SQL or Redshift databases
- Experience coding in at least one scripting language such as R or Python
- Knowledge of data visualization tools preferred (i.e. Tableau)
- Experience with statistical/econometrical knowledge and tools a plus (i.e. STATA)
- Experience with producing and delivering results using varied media (i.e. multiple MS office formats, dashboards/visualization tools)
- Comfortable working in a global environment with remote teams
In addition, you possess the following additional competencies and characteristics:
- Strong analytical ability, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and troubleshoot complex problems independently
- Strong consulting talent, solid aptitude to effectively communicate complex information to differing levels of audience sophistication
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and process ad-hoc requests
- Dedicated focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Ability to use storytelling to describe data analysis
- Creative energy, self-starter, works equally well independently and collaboratively but always professionally
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in priority quickly and seamlessly
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.