Framingham, MA / Providence, RI / Minneapolis, MN
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
Who you are.
As a Data Engineer with Virgin
You are passionate about top quality data software and knowledgeable about business insights, capable of sharing this knowledge
In the role of Data Engineer for Virgin
- Demonstrate experience in Tableau or Power BI
- Demonstrate capability in SQL
- Using Python to create clean, extensible code
- Designing and implementing data warehouse schemas for big data
- Eat, breathe, and think agile for all
- You embrace the full lifecycle of product development from inception to continual support
You are passionate about quality. Ensuring accuracy and elegance in your work is something you do every day. You think carefully about anything before writing code,
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- You have a degree in Computer Science,
- You have outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- You are an amazing communicator (written and verbal) and comfortable discussing software and features
- Your ability to contribute to a planning or scheduling discussion mirrors your ability to listen and learn from your peers
What makes you stand out.
- 3 years of a major BI tool such as Tableau or PowerBI
- 3 years of SQL experience
- 3 years of Python experience
- Experience with one or more non-relational database (Vertica, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with Jira and Git
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.