Associate Site Reliability Engineer
Who we are:
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the global leader in health and wellbeing, we are committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
What we are building:
We are focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application and are looking for people who aspire to be a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team.
You bring to the table a base understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more.
You'll be working on platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users
- 4.000 Clients across 190 countries, including 25% of Fortune 500 companies
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year
What are we looking for in a new hire:
Hiring is the most important thing a growing business needs to do well. We look for engineers who have following the three attributes: they are technical, versatile, and data driven.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs), sometimes known as DevOps Engineers, are a hybrid of systems and software engineers who are responsible for scaling, automation, and production issue support for applications. SRE’s have an intense passion for finding and improving efficiencies with infrastructure, development and deployment automation.
As a SRE for Virgin Pulse, you will help the efforts of application deployment, reliability, performance alongside the engineering and infrastructure teams.
You are someone with:
2+ years of development experience in JAVA, / .NET / Angular or or similar tech stacks
Outstanding problem solving skills and a solid grasp of object-oriented programming
Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
Strong communication skills, openness to collaborate, and enthusiasm to deliver as a part of a team
A passion and drive for learning technologies and applying them pragmatically
You should at least be familiar with:
- Experience with modern (RESTful) web applications
- Familiarity in Linux server administration
- Familiarity with cloud software architecture on AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Familiarity with AWS management (EC2, SNS/SQS, RDS)
- Familiarity with New Relic or Nagios application performance monitoring tools
What makes you stand out:
- Spring Boot Framework
- Cassandra / Redis
- Terraform / Puppet / Ansible
What we will provide:
- Attractive market competitive salaries
- Personal education and skills development budget
- Hands on mentoring and career growth
- Regular company activities and team building
- Modern office space in Tuzla spread across 1400m2
- Use of our in-office gym and fitness facilities
- Free snacks and drinks
- Relaxation and gaming space
Why is now the right time to join Virgin Pulse:
This is the best time to join Virgin Pulse because you can learn a lot working for a fast growing, successful company. It is actually fairly rare in one’s career to find a company that is about to enter a phase of substantial growth -- that very same company with the resources, the technology know-how, a track record, and a vision to redefine an entire industry. At this time, Virgin pulse is one of those rare companies. Virgin Pulse is investing and growing the Engineering Department in Tuzla, get a chance to be part of our amazing story.
Also make sure you check out our Tuzla office video: https://www.facebook.com/vpbosnia/videos/2345260518858109/
Please include a cover letter to let us know why you are applying for this role.