Payroll Processor - International
International Payroll Specialist
Location: Providence, RI or Minneapolis, MN
Note: depending on location, light travel may be needed.
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
Virgin Pulse is seeking a full-time, experienced International Payroll Specialist for our Providence, RI corporate office.
As our International Payroll Specialist you will report directly to the Payroll Manager and work directly with our finance team to support international payroll processing using Celergo (ADP) products. We ask that you be very flexible and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork and supporting Firm and department goals in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will wear many hats but your focus will be especially essential in:
- Process US and Global payrolls for up to 9 countries
- Set up employee tax jurisdiction for multiple state and local tax
- Process monthly expert fees, bonus payments and other special compensation
- Investigate, reconcile and correct payroll data issues, discrepancies and errors
- Collect, compile and enter employee status changes, new hires, terminations, and payroll data into both the Payroll and Accounting Systems
- Timely and accurately prepare on-demand checks for terminations, retro-adjustments and other disbursements determined to be necessary for immediate distribution
- Review and verify the accuracy of time information from the timekeeping system
- Enter and audit payroll batches for various special earnings
- Set up 401k loan repayments and changes
- Ensure payroll integrity through audit reports, data analysis and collaboration with other team members
- Prepare all Payroll Journal Entries for US and Global payrolls
- Reconcile General Ledger with regard to payroll transactions
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Use Payroll system report functions for the timely preparation of Payroll information reports requested by different departments (includes payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave, 401k, etc.) as needed
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records and team member information in a confidential manner
- Coordinate payroll funding requests with accounting department
- Provide Payroll support for internal and external Audit requests
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Assist as a liaison between payroll and other departments
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and international tax and wage & hour laws, regulations or guidelines
- Familiar and work with multi-state tax jurisdiction set-ups and analysis for all employees
- Assist with ongoing set up, testing and maintenance of the payroll, HRIS and timekeeping systems
- Assist with documentation of payroll processes and procedures
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (CPP a plus)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll
- Global Payroll Experience required – Celergo Global processing (by ADP)
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow is a plus.
- Excel expert – advance skills including Pivot Tables, V-Look-ups and Data validation
- Excellent verbal, organizational and mathematical skills
- Deadline-focused, exhibits analytical and problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with Windows-based computer programs
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.