Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are an experienced commercial contracts attorney (preferably with SaaS experience) who knows how to be a team player while exhibiting a sense of humor with the flexibility to fit into a high-energy, hard-working and sociable team. In order to best appreciate what we do, you also share our passion and interest in the employee wellbeing industry.
In the role of Corporate Counsel for Virgin Pulse, you will work closely with, and support, our current Assistant General Counsel to negotiate, draft and amend a wide variety of contract documents for our clients. This role will focus on supporting our Sales and Customer Success teams in their efforts to secure and enhance client relationships.
In this role your focus will be crucial in the following areas:
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements primarily enterprise SaaS sales and commercial contracts.
- Work across various Virgin Pulse teams including Sales and Customer Success on a broad range of legal, business and strategic issues as they arise in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Assist the Assistant General Counsel and team with the migration and integration of clients as Virgin Pulse continues to grow and expand its business.
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you will come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience, JD from an accredited law school required.
- Experience with SaaS model contracts and related legal and business issues.
- Understanding of, and experience with, HIPAA, HITECH and EU Data Protection regulations and directives a plus
- Must feel at ease interacting with a range of global customers from medium size businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
- Able to convey strong and prompt communication while consistently adapting and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects across multiple teams.
- Quick learning self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiating skills
- Detail oriented, well-organized and technically adept.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.