Sales Development Representative
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
In the role of Sales Development Representative (SDR), you identify sales opportunities, creates interest and drives brand and solution awareness and preference. An SDR is primarily responsible for generating new business by following up on inbound marketing leads, sourcing outbound leads, qualifying interested prospects, and setting up meetings for the Regional Sales Directors that adhere to the qualification guidelines. To be successful in this role, the representative will nurture relationships, build value, handle objections, create urgency, open the sales cycle, and collaborate strategically with the field and marketing to create a sales pipeline that exceeds quota expectations.
In the role of SDR you will wear many hats but your focus will be key in the following:
- Qualify all incoming inquiries generated through web and marketing campaign leads
- Source new leads through cold calling and online research
- Successfully cold call and set up meetings for the enterprise sales team (via phone and email)
- Strategic sales capabilities that include a high comfort level communicating with all levels of prospects within an organization, balanced with tactical skills for a fast-paced, high volume lead follow-up and qualification environment.
You will also have a primary responsibility to educate leads/contacts regarding:
- Virgin Pulse’s value and key positioning pillars
- Solution differentiation from alternatives
- Key features and capabilities that map to contact needs and interests
- Purchase process steps and guidance
- Initial demonstration of solution capabilities as required
- Prospect into target accounts to find new revenue opportunities
- Provide feedback to Marketing regarding campaign development and execution
- Develop and articulate high-impact messaging that resonates with prospects, captures a value prop, and embodies Virgin Pulse values
- Consistently logging lead, contact, account, and qualification data in Salesforce.com
Report weekly metrics
- Work with Account Executives to gain insight into individual territory and key account plans and establish lead generation priorities and methods.
- Achieve quarterly objectives
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Communications and some experience in an inside sales role would be fabulous.
- Outgoing, positive, friendly, and eager to be on the phone.
- Demonstrated history in exceeding performance goals and quotas.
- Experience selling enterprise products/services with a focus on value-based selling methodologies.
- Strong communications and understanding of how to identify customer needs and map business value.
- Adept in using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office applications.
- Internet and research savvy using online resources such as LinkedIn and Hoovers to identify contacts within target companies.
- Proficient in managing multiple simultaneous qualification and sales process.
- Strong customer understanding and range between core job deliverables to solving business problems.
- Must quickly assess a business situation or scenario and quickly develop and drive plans to address challenges or capture opportunities.
- Willingness to accept and contribute new ideas and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Requires flexibility, attention to detail and fulfilling deliverable quickly.
You also possess the following personal characteristics:
- Results oriented, with strong project management and influencing skills
- Understand business value, motivation and purchase processes and how to synthesize these insights into actionable, useful guidance for the sales and marketing teams.
- Excellent understanding of B2B prospecting and sales best practices and proven ability to find creative solutions to project challenges and new opportunities.
- Has a strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure work is completed in the expected timelines.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.