Senior Manager - Equipment Engineering
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
In this position, you will manage a team of equipment engineers in our Olive Branch, MS factory, create/drive your own agenda to improve equipment uptime and yield, and will report to the VP of Equipment and Maintenance. You will be working with process engineering management, yield/quality management, and operations management to ramp production in our first high-volume manufacturing facility, meaning you will be able to influence the building of future facilities. You will be able to make an impact from day one given the size of the team, and have your ideas heard and adopted. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the prime mover to drive equipment-related improvements in our factory across all equipment sets. Improvements will be specifically targeting up-time, throughput, and yield and will be achieved with equipment and process enhancements.
- Prioritize work for the team based on company and factory goals.
- Help the engineers perform risk assessments on changes made to the equipment.
- Communicate daily with operations, quality/yield, and process teams on changes and status of issues.
- Hire and build the team of equipment engineers.
- Develop and execute training plans for the equipment engineers.
- Act as a mentor to the equipment engineers.
- Track equipment uptime and yield. Create, maintain and periodically report on the equipment uptime/throughput/yield improvement plans.
- Manage the characterization of failure modes and frequency of failure for equipment and develop PM schedules to prevent unplanned downs
- Develop a robust and cost-effective spare parts strategy for equipment.
- Drive the creation of documentation (SOPs, troubleshooting guides, PM procedures) to support maintenance activities on the equipment.
- Assist in the training of the maintenance staff to support the repair of the equipment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of equipment engineering experience and 5+ years of management experience.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field minimum.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude with ability to understand and read schematics and effectively troubleshoot problems with equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interface with all stakeholders.
- Prior experience supporting high volume production environment.
- Positive attitude and the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in glass or semiconductor factory.
- Understanding of computer network systems, PLC programming, mechatronic systems.
- Master's in Business Administration.
- Previous startup experience.
View, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.