Software Engineer, Front-End
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
View is seeking driven Frontend Software Engineers with a passion for building intuitive and delightful web and mobile applications.
As a Frontend Software Engineer within the IoT Organization, you will work to develop innovative solutions that power the smart building of the future. You will be involved in designing, implementing, and delivering core end-to-end tools that help improve building health, sustainability, and occupant experience. Many of the services and infrastructure that you will work on will involve real world components or processes, and outcomes will be tangible. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers.
- Work with a highly motivated and passionate cross-functional team to create exciting new features in a fast-paced startup environment
- Continue to improve core features of our commissioning, administrative, or customer-facing application(s)
- Full software development life cycle (SDLC): Analyze software requirements, perform code design, write software, and conduct testing, debugging, and analysis.
- Generate written reports and documentation as needed. Maintain accurate documentation of work performed, as well as concepts, designs, drawings, and processes.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Development experience using React and React Native
- Experience with React and CSS pre-processing frameworks (Sass or Less)
- Experience with building responsive, visual, and intuitive web-based user interfaces
- Demonstrate a strong eye for design and obsess over the user experience
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as nonexperts
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Experience developing AR/VR
Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar field preferred
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.