Supv, Maintenance Engineer (Night Shift)
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
In this position, you are a hands-on supervisor who will supervise a team of shift equipment technicians in our Olive Branch, MS factory, be instrumental in executing the agenda to improve safety, equipment uptime, and yield. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager but will work directly will all levels of engineering during projects or troubleshooting. You provide technical guidance to your team gained from your electrical and mechanical background. This is a physically and mentally demanding position that requires only those with high internal drive and fortitude. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
- Supervises and mentors a team of maintenance technicians while having input on their hiring, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions etc.
- Verifies & leads Safety compliance with all Safety Regulations and requirements.
- Plans shift work and delegates that work to the technicians with direction from the Maintenance Manager.
- Creates and improves the documentation of work procedures for preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Ensures work orders are prioritized and completed in our CMMS in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates with production and engineering counterparts to ensure smooth communication, prioritization, and execution.
- Directs root cause failure analysis (RCFA) on all equipment and/or materials failures occurring during the working shift.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager and other Shift Supervisors to improve the overall performance of the shift.
- Becomes directly & indirectly involved in the repair of equipment and while being the mentor for the team.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Follows the correct escalation path with any issues that arise throughout the shift.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of engineering and/or experience maintenance technician
- In depth knowledge of machines and tools, including their safety, designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Required: Ability to use a computer and connect to a PLC for online monitoring and troubleshooting. Allen-Bradley & Mitsubishi experience desired
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic schematics, block diagrams and flow charts
- Clear understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic processes
- Confidence in decision making to make sound equipment maintenance decisions under minimal direction
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Windows-based software and CMMS software
- High tolerance to ambiguity yet flexible to changing job roles and working hours
- Working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively with superiors, subordinates, engineers, and other departments.
- Be willing to work either day or night shift as needed.
- 3+ years of supervisor experience in equipment maintenance or related field preferred
- Understanding of computer network systems, PLC programming, mechatronic systems
- Previous new equipment commissioning experience
- BS degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent work experience
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.