View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
The Shipping Supervisor will work closely with the Logistics Manager to plan, organize, and direct all packaging and shipping related activities. Ensures safety, quality, cost, and delivery targets are achieved by developing and executing a strategy for the packaging and shipping department.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Effective employee engagement
- Timely performance management
- Staff development/human capital planning
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure a safe, productive and rewarding working environment for department employees.
- Ensure compliance with all packing, wrapping, loading, and shipping Standard Operating Procedures.
- Verify contents and proper packaging of shipping containers.
- Meet or exceed company shipping and packing targets: weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Align and systematically track business performance against plan; understand deviations and provide insights and corrective actions to management.
- Analyze and publish daily/monthly/quarterly/annual reports on Key Performance Indicators and other reports necessary to help drive optimal forecasting and decision making. Report out on plans and results as required.
- Effectively lead department staff by coaching, developing, communicating, delegating, and holding staff accountable. Create a team oriented environment which motivates staff and keeps employees engaged in their jobs and the Company.
- Track staff attendance, ensuring adherence to policy.
- Implement safety programs to ensure a zero safety incident culture; promote and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental policies.
- Order supplies in accordance with operational needs and budget.
- Maintain an accurate and appropriate inventory of Shipping Department supplies.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Review invoices for accuracy and resolve issues in a timely manner as required.
- Facilitate cross-business communications.
- Communicate shipping status as required.
- Comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper employment levels through effective selection, interviewing and training of personnel.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; preferably in science, engineering, supply chain or material planning or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- 2+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
- Strong leadership; ability to define team vision and hold others accountable for results
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Team Oriented
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint; Advanced use of Excel; Oracle experience preferred
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.