Director of Technology
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
View is seeking a Director of Technology to own the Process Engineering in its High-Volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS, which produces revolutionary, electrochromic, insulated glass units for installation in commercial and residential windows.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing advanced glass coatings and procedures by planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Defining the best manufacturing procedures using proven statistical methods
- Driving continuous improvement programs for defect reduction and performance improvements
- Recommending hardware improvements and working closely with engineering team to implement improvements
- Designing tests to ensure product reliability and meet lifetime requirements
- Providing technical and non-technical support to production team
- Developing analytical capabilities to support customer expectation
- Monitoring data logging system and develop new data analysis systems
- Training and monitor production personnel on proper production techniques and polices
- Improving existing products, new product development and R&D
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in Sputtering aka Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) process and vacuum systems
- Extensive knowledge of the multiple thin film and materials characterization techniques: SEM, XRD, AFM, TEM, EDX, RBS & SIMS as well as of optical analysis of thin films,
- Strong background in Statistics and using statistical methods for Process Development
- 10+ years of Experience in High Technology industries
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTSPh.D. in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related field
View is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.