Sr. Network Engineer
Our mission is to Create Delightful Human Environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has revitalized something that has not changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world, real estate.
View is a technology company creating smart and connected buildings to improve people’s health and wellness, while simultaneously reducing energy consumption to mitigate the effects of climate change. View is the market leader in smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by reducing headaches, eyestrain, and drowsiness. Every View installation includes a 'smart building platform' that consists of power, network, and communication infrastructure. For more information, please visit view.com
If you have ever dreamed of changing the world to make it a better place - join us!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
Primary focus will be to own the specification and design of G.hn network and IoT devices including definition of chipsets and board level design, prototyping and production release of controls and devices for Electrochromic Glass and Smart Buildings
- Develop performance and design requirements for G.hn networks and devices
- Perform circuit and system design and analysis, schematic entry and PCB layout, build and test prototypes, and release of production quality design and documentation; requires integrating hardware and software and performing design qualification at a system level
- Develop test fixtures and automation software to facilitate manufacture of our hardware by external contract manufacturers
- Solve engineering problems at the component through system level.
- Generate written reports and documentation as needed. Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and processes
- Oversee outside vendors and consultants as required
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-10+ years of hands-on knowledge of G.hn networks
- Ability to lead the design and development of new products
- Board level micro-controller design for high volume, high reliability applications
- Extensive experience with analog to digital conversion, designing with opamps, transistors, MOSFETs, linear and high-speed switching regulators
- Experience designing with various board and system level communication physical layers and protocols such as I2C, SPI, CANbus, and Ethernet/TCP-IP
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout design tools such as Altium Designer
- Experience with embedded firmware development and board bring-up
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, C#, C and Visual Basic for development of test stands and DVT fixtures
- Sound knowledge of product conformance requirements and hands-on experience on EMI/EMC testing
- Experience designing battery charger and PWM servo circuits is a plus
BSEE Degree, MSEE preferred.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.