In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for employment in its first high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The facility produces revolutionary, electrochromic, insulated glass units for installation in commercial and residential windows.
Our Maintenance Supervisors are responsible for continuously improving production efficiency by ensuring that all maintenance activities such as servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines and equipment are carried out effectively.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working closely with Production department to optimize operational standards
• Evaluating functionality of systems and identify strategic areas of improvement
• Keeping record of all maintenance and service activities
• Scheduling and performing preventive maintenance
• Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
• Observing operation of equipment to determine efficiency and detect problems
• Maintaining compliance of safety and legal regulations
• Ensuring a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement
• Performing additional responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years of equipment and facilities maintenance management experience
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams and flow charts
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes
• Ability to make sound equipment maintenance decisions under minimal direction
• Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
• High tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job roles and working hours
• Working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with production staff
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
• Experience in a glass manufacturing or processing industry
• Experience in glass coating, semiconductor, disc drive or similar industries
• Knowledge of Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) vacuum coating processes or equipment
• High school diploma or equivalent combined with required experience in equipment and facilities maintenance
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.