Material Handler - Shipping Area
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all safety policies and processing procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in accordance with company guidelines
- Prepare, package and close crates for insulated glass units
- Prepare paperwork for shipments (Bills of Lading Balance of System, Shipping Manifests)
- Transport materials and product with a variety of material handling equipment
- Communicate, at an accomplished level, both verbal and in writing to peers and superiors
- Assist production and metrology departments as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- A minimum of 6 (six) months experience in shipping and receiving
- Demonstrated initiative in providing input for safety and process improvements
- Be a highly self-motivated, team-player with a positive attitude
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Office applications, Oracle)
- Must have the ability to be certified on all material handling equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must be flexible with respect to job roles and working hours (not a guaranteed Mon. – Fri. shift)
- Must be able to work weekends
High school diploma or equivalent, combined with required production experience is required.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.