Manufacturing Quality Engineer
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
Great Opportunity for an energetic, skilled Quality Engineer who will work with the current Director of Quality; Supplier Side Quality Technician and our Document Control Engineer to build from our basic Quality Plan into a well formulated process gearing us toward ISO Compliance. Join this rapidly growing group!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with customer’s quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources
- Effectively communicate and reinforce View’s commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results
- Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action
- Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of View's customers
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Toolroom to resolve customer complaints and concerns
- Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs
- Ensure View’s readiness for all internal and external quality audits
- Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met
- Participate in quality reporting and management review process
- Monitor the Periodic Review Matrix to ensure repetitive quality requirements are met
- Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team
- Interview and select quality/process consultants as necessary to assist in developing and executing action plans for continuous process improvements
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of quality systems
- Process capability and Cpk study background
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent organizational and good Interpersonal skills
- Able to perform well in high pressure situations
- Experienced with ISO9001:2008
- Experience with Statistical analysis programs like Minitab or JMP
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS /EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematical (STEM) fields of study or 5 or more years of related quality experience
- Five plus years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with a background in Quality Assurance
- Hands-on experience mentoring and coaching in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Lean Six Sigma experience, leading Green Belt or Black Belt projects
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.