View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Facebook, Walmart, Overstock.com, Kaiser, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
We are seeking an Electrochemist to join our R&D team in Milpitas. The R&D team focuses on development of thin-film stack and processes used to build our electrochromic (EC) device. You will be responsible for developing fundamental understanding of our EC device operation through application of advanced electrochemical device and materials characterization techniques, and for proposing process changes to improve coloration performance and durability. While the position is based at our headquarters in Milpitas, CA, you will be expected to interact with the technology team at our production facility in Olive Branch, MS, in order to test and transfer improved processes to high-volume manufacturing tools.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Characterize electrochemical properties of functional layers and full stack devices
- Seek external metrologies, as required, to characterize materials properties of EC device
- Develop new techniques to characterize unit film and device-level performance
- Develop models for EC device operation
- Interface with Operations and Durability teams on device fabrication and testing aspects
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and calibrate electrochemical testing equipment
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Specialized knowledge of electrochemistry is required
- Strong laboratory experience, including analytical and experimental techniques
- Experience with thin film deposition techniques, especially sputtering, is a plus
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis methods is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Travel up to 20%
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Master's or PhD degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field is required
- Both experienced professionals and new college graduate will be considered
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.