Technical Support Engineer - Remote U.S. and Canada
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
The Technical Support Engineer will provide service and support for the commissioning and operation of View glass and control systems. The Customer Support Engineer will be an individual contributor. This individual will work closely with Field Operations, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, IT and Customers to ensure system uptime, feature capability, and continuous improvement of View systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues encountered during the commissioning and service of View systems.
- Create and modify system configuration files
- Analyze electrical signal data to characterize glass and controls network performance.
- Troubleshoot systems, interpreting both user feedback and system data, leveraging deep knowledge of system to provide necessary corrective action.
- Understand technical material from engineers and document them in the appropriate format: SOP, Reference, Process, template, or any other format as required.
- Provide detailed documentation of the services performed using internal systems and tools; ensure all pertinent details of the service call are recorded for comprehensive post-analysis.
- Provide detailed documentation of identified anomalies or defects using internal systems and tools; ability to assist engineering team in
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience – This role is ideal for an ambitious, intelligent, early-career individual with 0-5 years of experience in a technical support, product support, or engineering field.
- Technical Competency – capable of learning and explaining how View’s glass, controls, and network work at a first principles Understands and can use software and enterprise applications fluently.
- Technical Skills – working knowledge of Linux operating system, networks, and strong computer literacy. Knowledge of python and automation development is strongly preferred. You should have the ability to learn to configure and debug linux, networking, and electronic control systems.
- Disciplined Execution – Attention to detail and a sense of urgency, which you use to get things done. Comfortable with fast-paced engineering environment. Passion for solving dynamic challenges with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Data Driven – Ability to use data to measure performance, prioritize resources, and maximize efficiency
- Customer Centric – Customer-focused with desire and ability to deliver customer satisfaction. Committed to ensuring the customer has the best possible experience with View systems.
- Effective Communicator – Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM degree field is preferred.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.